Client Technologies Analyst III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
User Support Services
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
At Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, our Technology
Support team have incredible opportunities to work on systems that
impact faculty, staff, student, and researchers from around the
world. TAMU-CC is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research
Institution that combines a heritage of teaching excellence with
innovation in research and community engagement. We look for people
who have new ideas and are driven while having fun along the way.
Our team plays an important role in the unparalleled commitment to
The Client Technologies Analyst III, under direction, serves as
technical lead for client technology projects or services. Provides
technical oversight for the application of and compliance with
technical standards. Coordinates the technical activities of a
client technology support team. Completes reports and summaries for
management and users, including project status reports, problem
reports, and progress summaries.
Program/Project Management: 40%
Service and Process Management: 30%
- Track and facilitate in the coordination of equipment repair
work order assignments and provide detailed work records, which
outlines the history of tests, performance problems, and repairs
for each piece of equipment.
- Assist in the training and coordination of tasks for
- Coordinate multi-department and special programs or projects
(such as the Technology Management Program) to deliver service
excellent, empower teaching and learning, and enhance
- Manage the life cycle of university endpoints (including
hardware and software). Facilitate endpoint technology related
purchases. Serve on committees to develop technical standards and
direction. Meet with customers and technical staff to determine
information needs and requirements. Assist with new technology
deployments and system integration testing.
- Anticipate and complete reports and summaries for management
and users, including incident/service requests reports,
program/project status reports, problem reports, and progress
- Provide input or assist in the planning and budget
Communication and Documentation:15%
- Champion the implementation, management, and use of ITIL
processes and principles including Incident Management, Change
Management, Problem Management, and Configuration Management.
Support organizational and operational policies, procedures, and
goals. Support and implement a comprehensive service support
response to technology needs of the University.
Collaborate/coordinate with functional and technical clients/team
to continuously improve service delivery.
- Monitor and maintain system security. Provide protection and
recovery support for client data.
- Manage, implement and administer Service Level Agreements to
ensure compliance and satisfaction of all agreed upon
commitments. Develop policies, procedures, reports and metrics for
measurement against services being provided to ascertain compliance
with service level agreement.
- Create and maintain service documentation with clear and simple
- Develop communications for service enhancements and
disruptions, while engaging with clients regarding daily support
activities and projects.
- Represent the institution while attending campus meetings and
Other duties as assigned: 5%
- Provide work direction and/or supervise staff such as
subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Manage in the administrative processes for human resource
actions (hiring, professional development, promotions,
terminations, disciplinary procedures, and salary adjustments) to
maintain a skilled technical and customer service oriented
- Provide timely communications to staff.
- Maintain an understanding of technology trends within the
computer industry. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) years of related experience.
- Additional experience may substitute for the minimum
education requirement: Associates degree and seven (7) years of
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and
- Degree in IT-related discipline.
- Knowledge of project management, mentoring, negotiation skills,
basic vendor relations, advanced client relations skills, proposal
writing, business acumen, persuasive communication, adaptability to
change, team leadership skills, and quality assurance
- Knowledge of computer networks and remote troubleshooting
- Experience with the installation, configuration and support of
Microsoft Windows and Mac OS clients in a Windows domain
environment using software such as Jamf, MS SCCM, or MS
- Experience in supporting mobile devices such as Apple iPads and
Microsoft Surface Tablets in a business or educational
- Experience in developing documentation and delivering training
on the usage of computing and technology resources.
- Desire to continuously improve both technical and interpersonal
- Ability to learn job related skills through on the job
training, including observation, written and oral instruction and
formal training sessions.
- Understanding of information security best practices and
regulatory compliance areas such as FERPA and PCI, and how they
affect the configuration, use and support of information technology
- Due to the nature of this position, remote work is not
available at this time.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Client-Technologies-Analyst-III_R-053289