Responsibilities include the development and execution of undergraduate recruitment activities. The incumbent is responsible for development and formation of relationships with prospective students, parents, high schools, school counselors, community colleges, clinical partners and college counselors. The admissions counselor will assist with undergraduate recruitment as needed to support enrollment efforts of the College.
- Guide potential students through their educational selection process.
- Conducts interviews for prospective students on campus.
- Processes and reviews applications.
- Makes follow-up contact to prospective students.
- Assist with projects including participating in promotional events, territory management and marketing collateral.
- Recruitment: works with telecounseling, conducts on-campus interviews, follow-up with contacts, attending local college information programs, high school and community college visits, coordinating and developing on and off campus programs, conducting Saturday information sessions and participating in other promotional events.
- Assists with components of open houses, transfer days, college tours and other promotional events. May be responsible for special assignments to include one or more of the following: department liaison, re-enrollment counseling, telecounseling including prospect calling.
- Conducts information sessions to students and parents (including nights and weekends).
- Markets the college through the use of technology such as Text, Phone, Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Assists with daily administrative operations.
- Takes an active role in the development of the department’s strategic and operational plans as required by department leadership. Works closely with department supervisor to develop and implement operational goals that support departmental success.
- Responsible for working with supervisor and other team members to achieve successful results on all established individual and departmental goals and key performance indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- Experience working in an admissions office (or other related student affairs or enrollment area) as an undergraduate student is desired.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (as defined by College insurance carrier guidelines).
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires organizational skills and good judgment.
- Ability to be confidential.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends as well travel out of town when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license required at time of employment.