Potomac State College (WVU Keyser), part of the West Virginia University system of campuses, located in Keyser, WV is seeking applications for two openings for Athletic Trainer - WVU Keyser.
About the Opportunity
The Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the health and safety of our student-athletes within an effective NJCAA athletic training program at WVU Potomac State College.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Attend practices, home games and some travel to away contests.
- Establish Training Room hours for treatment and rehab
- Complete injury reports forms for all injuries
- Responsible for insurance billing
- Ensure athletes have transportation to and from rehab if off-campus
- Keep coaches and the AD updated on status of an injured athlete
- Communicate with physicians and insurance companies
- Supervise student athletic trainers and other work study students
- Game Management when directed by the AD
- Work Camps as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in athletic training or a related field.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in athletic training at the college level, professional sport, or high school.
- Valid Driver's License issued in the United States.
- NATABOC Certified, First Aid, and CPR Certified, eligible for WV ATC registration
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU’s academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.