A.T. Still University (ATSU) invites applications for an
Instructional Designer for the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC).
This position may be located in a remote location, or at either of
the ATSU campuses in Mesa, Arizona, Kirksville, Missouri, or Santa
University of Health Sciences
is a learning-centered university
that prepares highly competent professionals through innovative
academic programs. It is committed to continuing its osteopathic
heritage and focusing on whole-person healthcare, scholarship,
community health, interprofessional education, diversity, and
underserved populations. This Instructional Designer (ID) position
will work collaboratively as a Teaching & Learning Center
member to promote, integrate, and support innovative
instructional techniques and technologies into the University’s
education curriculum. As part of a centralized team responsible for
faculty development, the primary duties of this position are
- Provide faculty development opportunities for educators
responsible for teaching in face-to-face, hybrid, and online
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct training workshops and coaching
consultations on current and emerging instructional techniques and
technologies while integrating evidence-based practices from the
- Collaboratively work across disciplines, departments, schools,
colleges, and campuses to identify, plan, develop, and implement
faculty development interventions that enhance educators’ teaching
and learning practices.
- Provide instructional design support to educators by designing,
developing, and delivering engaging, interactive, and pedagogically
sound materials that address various learning needs of students in
didactic, laboratory, clinical, and remote courses.
- Develop training materials, including just-in-time job aids
such as self-help documents, video tutorials, and other
instructional materials to assist educators in enhancing their
- Utilize presentation tools, courseware publishing software, and
web page development tools to develop custom instructional
solutions to meet individual or departmental teaching needs.
- Research, evaluate, and implement emerging instructional trends
that have potential value for healthcare education.
- Positively contribute to the culture to develop a teaching and
learning-centric community by expanding the adoption of the best
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational
technology, or other related disciplines.
- A minimum of 1 year of progressive experience in designing,
developing, facilitating, and evaluating training or faculty
development programs, preferably in a higher education
- Proficient in productivity software such as Google Apps,
Microsoft Office, and video conferencing tools such as Zoom.
- Experience working with learning management systems (LMSs),
preferably Canvas, interactive lecture capturing software such as
Echo360, or other related educational technologies and tools.
- Ability to write, proofread, and edit instructional materials
for specific audiences.
- Enthusiastic about learning about educational research, program
evaluation, or other types of scholarly activities such as
literature reviews, research design, data collection, and data
- Brings a positive, energetic outlook toward working in a higher
education environment with a strong commitment to
- Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, and Justice initiatives.
Who We Are
Still University of Health Sciences
- At least 2-3 years of experience designing, developing,
implementing, and revising in-person, online, and hybrid
- Experience consulting with health care professionals working in
higher education to identify fast-changing priorities and
- Expertise in designing courses in Canvas, Articulate 360, or
similar platforms and tools.
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects and effective
written and verbal communication to support the needs of diverse
- Comfortable creating and delivering compelling presentations
for University-wide audiences of educators, administrators, and
- Comfortable with technical writing and precise editing skills,
including collaboratively preparing reports, manuals, guidelines,
- Track record of conducting educational research, program
evaluation, or other scholarly activities such as literature
reviews, research design, data collection, data analysis, and data
is a learning-centered
university that prepares highly competent professionals through
innovative academic programs. It is committed to continuing its
osteopathic heritage and focusing on whole-person healthcare,
scholarship, community health, interprofessional education,
diversity, and underserved populations.
This position is eligible for a full benefits package with a base
salary of $56,000 to $64,000 annually, dependent on education and
experience levels. ATSU is a qualified Public Service Loan Forgiveness
employer. ATSU conducts background checks for applicants considered
The review of applications will begin on September 15, 2022, and
will continue until the position is filled. To be considered for
this position, please submit a 1) cover letter and 2) your current
resume 3) with references at ATSU - Instructional Designer,
Teaching & Learning Center.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits