Residence Hall Coordinator
Residence Hall Coordinator
Reporting to the Community Director, the Residence Hall Coordinator
(RHC) provides direct supervision of the Resident Assistant team
for the assigned residential area and implementation of the
Residential Life & Housing department's mission to create an
exceptional residential experience for its students and community
members. This is a 12 month, live-in position requiring day,
evening, and weekend responsibilities. RHCs must hold hours of
office availability per week with some hours being Monday through
Friday from 9AM -5PM.
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Supervise approximately 3-8 undergraduate Resident
- Organize and facilitate weekly one-to-one and team staff
meetings with their supervisees. Provide consistent feedback for
RAs in support of their growth and retention.
- Review and evaluate student staff programs, including program
proposals and evaluations.
- Participate in student staff interviewing, hiring, and
- Participate in the on-call rotation as the first on-site
- On-Call hours are from 5PM to 9AM on weekdays and 24 hours on
weekends and holidays. While on-call, RHCs must be within a 20
block radius from campus and be able to respond to any
- Utilize the case management system Advocate to document
incidents and work with the Community Director to follow up on low
- Be familiar with campus and community resources and be able to
provide this information to residents.
- Maintain confidentiality and effectively share information when
- Collaborate with the Associate Director On-Call to make
appropriate referrals for residents to partner offices for
additional support when needed.
- Assist the Community Director in adjudicating low level conduct
violations in assigned residential area
- Serve on departmental committees as needed and
- Participate in division and College wide events as
- Respond to email within a timely manner.
- Assist in departmental projects as requested by the Residential
Life leadership team.
- Assist Community Director in monitoring facilities and
maintenance issues within assigned buildings.
- Role model appropriate and inclusive behavior at all times
including, but not limited to, monitoring online self-content and
upholding university policies.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as
- Ability to work with a diverse student and staff
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and
- Prior Residential Life and Housing or Student Affairs
- Previous supervisory experience
- Respond to all emergency situations in a calm, responsible and
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership
- Propensity to work independently and interdependently within a
- Investment and engagement in campus community and
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Enrollment in a graduate program in close proximity (New York
Metropolitan Area) to Barnard College, not to exceed 16 credits per
semester (including internship credits)
- This position is a 20 hour/week position, inclusive of office
hours between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm, Monday through