Director of Residential Life
Job Category: Administration
Requisition Number: DIREC001912
To direct and manage the College residential life programs.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, implement, administer and evaluate the specific programs,
services of the campus life department, including operating
and methods. Develop and modify programs/systems in accordance with
needs and institutional objectives and resources.
• Exercise full supervisory authority, directly and indirectly,
over campus life staff
and up to 25 Resident Assistants and other student workers. Plan
training programs and staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff
to plan and
coordinate activities, assign and review work, resolve problems,
and the like.
• Plan staffing needs and master schedules.
• Plan, request and administer the operating budgets of assigned
• Perform a variety of key planning tasks related to the campus
typically involving policy and procedure development governing
behavior, social and educational programming, and forecasting
making occupancy projections, marketing residence halls to retain
seniors, and the like.
• Interpret and enforce a wide range of campus life policies, and
process: supervise fines, warnings, reports, and other disciplinary
policy enforcement actions of hall staff; serve as judicial advisor
• Coordinate physical maintenance of residence halls with the
Physical Plant and
furnishings; conduct annual equipment inventories; and perform
furnishing and equipment-related tasks.
• Oversee room assignments and maintain related records.
• Oversee, coordinate and/or participate in the planning of a
variety of student
programs and major campus events.
• Participate in overall student affairs policy development.
Maintain an up-todate working knowledge of, and advise pertinent
college members regarding
alcohol policy and other liability and legal issues as they affect
residence hall and campus activities.
Director of Campus Life/JSC, continued
• Confer regularly with the Dean of Students and other student
departments and college personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate
activities/policies, exchange information, and resolve
• Serve on various college committees as assigned.
• Plan and administer appropriate residence life records
• Prepare various administrative/management reports.
• Keep abreast of current developments in areas related to
residential and student
Perform other duties as assigned.
Direction is received from the Dean of Students.
Administrative and functional supervision, direct and indirect, of
six staff members,
up to 25 resident assistants and other student workers.
Bachelors degree, with masters degree in student personnel services
appropriate discipline preferred, plus two to four years of
relevant student housing
experience, with one or more years of live-in experience, or a
education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills
If interested, please apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/VER1019VTSC/JobBoard/37294186-e5af-4980-b6fb-e89c37523068/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c7ff82a9-65e1-4df0-abfe-13f221c7c5ac
• Broad base of knowledge and skills related to college residence
• Good planning, administrative, organizational, supervisory, and
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College
students, staff, faculty,
administrators, parents, and others, often in difficult
sensitive disciplinary matters.