- Appalachian State University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Music, Performing Arts, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
School Of Music - 270000
Description of University
Appalachian State University, in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. As one of 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina system, Appalachian enrolls more than 20,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
- Master’s Degree in Piano Performance, Collaborative Piano, or related area.
- Knowledge of vocal diction to support coaching of singers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Staff Pianist provides piano collaboration with faculty and students for performances, recitals, rehearsals, and additional performance activities.
- Accompany Opera Workshop.
- Provide weekly vocal coaching for students.
- Accompany Voice Lessons.
- Instrumental Accompanying.
- Preparation and rehearsals.
- Accompany guest masterclasses.
- Accompany auditions that occur outside of the regular audition schedule.
- Provide instruction for Cannon Music Camp.
- Serve as a collaborative pianist for Cannon Music Camp.
- Service as needed as a collaborative pianist for the Appalachian Summer Festival Rosen-Schaffel Competition.
Physical Demands of Position
Presentation of collaborative piano for performances, preparation of music, light on-stage moving of pianos etc.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For a complete application, please apply and submit all below-required documents electronically through Appalachian State University’s Job Board:
- Cover Letter
- CV: Include repertoire list of vocal and instrumental works performance and presented in public.
- Link to Portfolio: Provide links to instrumental and vocal collaborative performances and/or rehearsals.
- List of References with Contact Information (please provide a minimum of 3) or include references in the application form.
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Director of Human Resources/ EEO Officer
Office of Human Resources
330 University Hall Dr.
Boone, NC 28608
Office of Title IX Compliance
123 I.G. Greer Hall
Boone, NC 28608
ADA /504 Coordinator & Office of Disability Resources Director
Office of Disability Resources
224 Joyce Lawrence Lane/Suite 112 Anne Belk Hall
Boone, NC 28608
Diversity and Inclusion at Appalachian
We at Appalachian State University are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence both locally and globally.
We understand that the successful implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence is the responsibility of the entire university community, including alumni and official university governing bodies. A diverse campus community supports an influx of broad and distinct ideas that increase learning opportunities and strengthen the impact of our community as we work collectively to achieve a just experience for all.
We actively encourage, support, and promote a global mindset and an equitable environment where all will know that they belong and are safe to express their culture, identity, values, ideas, opinions, and creativity. We are committed to creating a culture of equity opportunity for all, one that has an expectation of fairness, justice, and equity-minded practice at all levels of the university community.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert