The adjunct faculty member will employ a variety of strategies to
enhance student learning in fields of cell and molecular biology,
biochemistry, genomics and more. Adjunct faculty will foster
discussions, as well as, encourage active learning in all students,
maintain proper course-related records, and evaluate student work
and provide students with feedback as to the progress toward
meeting the objectives of the course. Each adjunct faculty member
is responsible for effectively teaching students in the assigned
classroom and laboratory settings. Each adjunct faculty member is
responsible for effectively implementing the mission of the
Department of Biology. Responsibilities may include teaching days,
evenings, nights and weekends, with the potential for online only,
in-person only, or a combination of both.
- Teach required number of credit hours per quarter based on
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and laboratory
experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy,
objectives, and curriculum of the Biology program.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes
related to Biology knowledge and practice.
- Schedule two office hours per week for student availability, if
- Schedule administrative time for classroom and laboratory
- Maintain communication with the Asst. Dept. Head regarding any
course or student issues.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Master's Degree in Biology, PhD preferred.
- One year of teaching or professional experience.
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Sep 1 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 1 2022 Eastern Daylight Time