Manages technology resources in teaching and learning spaces, and
provides support for employees and students. Assists with
technology, including hardware, software, networking,
authentication, and university systems, and serves as a source of
leadership in these areas for junior staff and student employees.
Responsible for audiovisual technology during certain meetings,
classes, and special events, which requires some evening and
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a level two technology support representative for the
Office of Information Services.
- Supports the Service Desk via email, telephone, in-person
meetings, and ticketing. Assists with leadership responsibilities
for Service Desk student employees as needed.
- Maintains campus hardware, including computers, mobile devices,
printers, audiovisual equipment, and more.
- Oversees logistics for employee onboarding and offboarding,
moves, and position changes, including hardware and software
preparation and deployment of macOS and Windows computers,
peripherals, and telephones.
- Plans, implements, and maintains technology hardware and
software in labs, classrooms, and other spaces.
- Provides event support, including setup, monitoring, and
breakdown of audiovisual equipment, which will sometimes require
evening and weekend hours.
- Provides support for students and employees related to access,
authentication, and network connectivity.
- Assists with access and usage of university systems, including
TeamDynamix, Kaseya VSA, Microsoft MECM, Citrix, Jamf, Office 365,
PaperCut, Zoom, and more.
- Manages assigned software licensing, renewals, installation,
maintenance, and technical documentation for users, department
staff members, and leadership.
- Escalates issues related to technology account access and
system errors and outages to appropriate department leadership in a
prompt and detailed manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with sound equipment, projectors, cameras,
microphones, and videoconferencing services.
- Knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems, hardware, and
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently or as part of a
- Ability to multitask and provide quality assistance in urgent
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Technology related experience in higher education.
Ability to work some flexible hours as needed for evening and
weekend events that incorporate technology. Physical activities
include repetitive motion and exerting up to 50 pounds of force in
order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Position requires mostly daytime hours and some evening hours,
depending on campus events and projects. Schedule is subject to
change slightly depending on needs on a week-by-week basis, with
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting