The driver will transport students for field trips and athletic
events in the University's 40-passenger bus. He/She should ensure
adherence to safety rules and may need to assist passengers in
boarding or exiting. This position is part-time, seasonal, and
non-benefit eligible. Applicants must successfully pass a BMV and
background check and will be subject to random drug and alcohol
testing according to Federal Highway Administration
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield
wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure
that everything is in working order.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in
a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting the
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Compile with Department of Transportation policies and
procedures for operating a commercial vehicle.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid/CPR procedures.
- Prepare and submit requested reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Students, Coaches, Staff, Athletics Director, Campus Police
CDL –licensed (Class C or higher, with passenger and air brake
- No at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
- Clean driving record (no traffic citations in the last 5
- Ability to carry out assigned route on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhibit a student first orientation in providing exceptional
service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating
versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and student's needs and expectations; anticipate
and identify students' needs
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve
culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate well with others within
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate
during high service demand times
Multiple service hours (day, evening, and weekend hours, with
occasional overnight stays); extensive student contact
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer