Teaching & Learning Librarian and Open Rank Librarian Faculty Positions
Kennesaw State University Library System
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for open rank, twelve-month, non-tenure track Teaching and Learning Librarian and open rank Librarian faculty positions in the Kennesaw State University Library System beginning January 2023. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
These positions support the university’s student success initiatives by providing scaffolded information literacy instruction, supporting curriculum development, participating in reference services, and contributing to the design and implementation of systems related to curriculum support and student success.
The positions will occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends to meet the instructional needs of our students. These librarians will work on both the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses.
Librarianship duties include (80%):
- Provide instructional offerings that align with the library curriculum through multiple modalities (F2F, virtual, asynchronous, etc.), including non-course specific information and workshops
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity by creating learning environments that are welcoming, accessible, and inclusive for all students
- Contribute to a team-based approach to developing best practices, programs, policies, assessments, and andragogical resources
- Support research consultation and reference services
- Serve as a member of a KSU Library Collegiate Liaison team
- Develop, maintain, and promote library learning objects and tutorials on public-facing platforms
- Supports use and maintenance of instructional Springshare products
- Engage in KSU Library System service, KSU University service, and/or service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity. Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and publications.
Required Qualifications Include:
- An earned Master’s, or the foreign equivalent, from an American Library Association accredited program
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- 6-months or more of teaching experience
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- One or more years of experience working as a librarian in an academic library or equivalent experience
- At least one example of professional service experience
- At least one example of scholarship within academic librarianship or a subject specialty
- Knowledge of or experience developing services related to the Library System’s mission
- Experience creating accessible online learning content and working within online learning systems
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 248768.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.