Open Rank, Clinical Faculty - Executive Director, Healthcare Innovation Institute - (FAC002530)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Executive, Executive Directors, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Houston Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine seeks an Executive Director –for a new Healthcare Innovation Institute. This new university research institute will draw upon the breadth of expertise available across the colleges of this Carnegie Tier One research university to develop innovative solutions to problems in healthcare. The goal is to improve the health of the population and increase the value of healthcare in the United States. The University of Houston is designing a new 85,000 sq ft biomedical research facility to be located in TMC3, a new research park located in the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world, which will house the new Institute.
The founding executive director of the Institute will develop a strategic plan, define the research foci of the institute, recruit new faculty and staff, and build an enterprise focused on healthcare innovation. This individual will function under the supervision of the Dean of the UH Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine, working in cooperation with researchers from other colleges across the university, and with the appropriate university offices and within existing university policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop a strategic plan for the new Healthcare Innovation Institute, including the initial research foci;
- Provide overarching leadership and management for the Institute;
- Successfully complete the application process for approval as a new university research institute;
- Identify and network with existing UH faculty across all of the colleges who are currently working within the area(s) of healthcare innovation;
- Recruit faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and staff necessary to build the institute;
- Develop the required physical infrastructure including IT, equipment, and laboratories;
- Develop an External Advisory Board and a UH Steering Committee;
- Network with area health systems and other healthcare providers to work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions for patient healthcare challenges;
- Mentor institute faculty, post-doctoral fellows, graduate, and undergraduate students;
- Work with investigators and the UH Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation to secure patents for inventions and effectively transfer technology to industry;
- Direct the processes of grant application and management for institute faculty; and
- Ensure scholarly productivity of institute faculty.
About the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine
About the University of Houston
About University of Houston - University of Houston (uh.edu)
Salary and rank commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
Full-Time: 1.0 FTE
Notes to Applicant
Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the final candidate. All positions at the university are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Betty Turner Asher , Founder, Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Joe Stanley , Senior Executive Search Consultant ll
Cindy Mejia, Senior Executive Search Consultant
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
- Doctoral degree (M.D. or Ph.D. in a relevant discipline);
- Academic credentials meriting appointment at the rank of Professor;
- Strong record of federal funding;
- Strong record of scholarly productivity;
- Strong record of entrepreneurship;
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience in healthcare innovation;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and lead multidisciplinary teams;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders; and
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert