- Colorado School of Mines
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Title Benefits Analyst The Opportunity
The Benefits Analyst facilitates the delivery of health, wellness and welfare programs to our employees, including but not limited to medical, dental vision, life insurance, retirement programs, Family Medical Leave, Americans with Disability Act (ADA) provisions, for both Classified and Non-classified (Administrative and Academic Faculty) employees.
The person in this particular role assists employees with the enrollment process, distribute informative materials, and provide benefit plan interpretation and guidance to employees. They also help ensure Mines benefit, wellness and welfare programs are administered and compliant with all plan requirements and any regulatory rules, policy and procedures. They stay up-to-date with plan and regulatory rules, changes, and industry trends. This position assures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulation. The Benefits Analyst compiles, analyzes, and reports data related to including employee information, plan financials and compliance. This person works with other Mines’ stakeholders to ensure the delivery of our benefit offerings and present information to raise awareness and educate employees on our benefit offerings. They also serve as a liaison with service providers and state benefit program for benefit questions, concerns and follow up.
The Department The HR Department at Mines consists of a growing team of innovative professionals who enjoy a flexible, collaborative and supportive work environment. This is one of two Benefits Analyst positions in the HR department. The best thing about being part of the Mines HR team? Team members agree that it’s knowing that they are making a difference in the lives of Mines faculty, staff and students, whether by employing a holistic approach to HR or serving as an advocate for employees at all levels of the institution. The team also is proud of their dedication to professional development, with four HR staff members achieving professional certifications in the last six months alone. If this sounds like your kind of team, please apply today! Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to employees, ITS/HRIS representatives, and managers on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist with the resolution of potential problems.
- Partner with and educate Human Resources team members to provide cohesive advisory services to campus.
- Coordinate the design, communication, marketing, and administration of annual benefit enrollment materials and enrollment. Using these materials, market benefits to campus to increase awareness and utilization.
- Deliver new hire and open enrollment presentations for employees and assist in enrolling participants in plans.
- Develop, conduct, and participate in presentations to inform and educate leadership, supervisors and employees about changes to benefit plans, administrative practices and legislative requirements and programs.
- Oversee and direct the administration of COBRA compliance through our third party administrator.
- Support efforts to build out wellness program for Campus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field. Relevant experience will be substituted on a year for year basis in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience serving in a benefit administrator capacity with understanding and knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers' Compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Working knowledge of the application of Equal Employment Opportunity laws as they relate to benefits.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs, benefits plan language.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERISA and employee benefit programs.
- Excellent responsiveness and listening skills, to assess employee needs and efficiently offer the best information for them to understand program offerings make decisions.
- Requires excellent communication skills, good writing skills, strong customer service, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, experience with an HRIS or Workday and benefit databases.
- Organizational skills to develop/maintain reporting "standards" where applicable.
- Comfortable working independently and within a team, in significant ambiguity, and making sound decisions, while solving complex problems.
- Adaptable to be open to change and new information and ideas.
- Prior experience serving on a benefit trust.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR or CEBS professional designations.
- Experience with Enterprise Resources Programs. Workday experience is most beneficial.
- Knowledge of Colorado State employment law and State Classified personnel rules and benefits.
About Mines & Golden, CO
Mines is consistently ranked among the top engineering colleges in the United States and ranks number one as the best public school in the state for best value colleges. Mines is located in the heart of Golden, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. The campus location offers a small-town ambiance with close proximity to all that the Denver metropolitan area has to offer with an abundance of cultural events, museums, theaters and sporting venues. A high-altitude sunny climate and outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities the area an ideal place to live, work and play. We seek individuals who value a diverse and inclusive community – offering different perspectives, experiences, and cultures that enrich the educational and work experience. Equal Opportunity
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
$63,200 - $66,000
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
Total Rewards Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Mines employees are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), generous paid holidays and leaves and discount programs. For more information, visit Mines benefits . How to Apply
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume and cover letter (required). References will not be contacted until later in the selection process and you will be informed before that contact is made.
Please contact Kathy White at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this opportunity.
Background Investigation Required Yes
Advertised: Nov 16, 2022 Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 4, 2022 11:45 AM Mountain Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert