Please apply at www.roswell.enmu.edu
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the functions and responsibilities performed.
Under limited supervision, direct the centralized fiscal and related functions of the university branch campus and responsible for the day-to-day management of an extensive, comprehensive, and complex business management program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the following functions: budgetary control, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashiers, inventory control and mailroom.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures to govern these functions.
- Responsible for complete, accurate, and timely presentation of financial records including development of year-end audited financial statements with System Controller.
- Plan and coordinate University Branch Campus year-end closing process and coordinate with System Controller.
- Work with external auditor, financial institutions, Higher Education Department, Legislative Committees, Department of Finance and Administration, and the Office of the State Auditor to provide financial information.
- Serve on campus-wide committees and confer with the administrators and the University community on internal controls, fiscal, operational, and administrative problems and develop workable solutions.
- Implement GASB standards pertaining to the University Branch Campus.
- Complete annual reporting to outside agencies (IPEDS, HLC, FAC, etc.).
- Select, supervise, and evaluate professional and support staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in accounting and a minimum of seven years of accounting/supervisory experience which has included substantial responsibilities in the major functional areas involved in the financial and general business management of a university or business.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Directly related higher education experience and CPA/Master's preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of account and cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Strategic business planning and business management skills.
- Knowledge of governmental fund accounting.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skill in safeguarding, organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications. Banner and QuickBooks software knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures