- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 31, 2022
Harold Washington College
Our Center of Excellence in Business focuses on business, entrepreneurship, and professional services and it is guided by our principles of quality, innovation, partnerships, access, and equity . Harold Washington College is currently seeking a part-time Coordinator-Grant Programs. Positions allocated to the title of Coordinator –Grant Programs are responsible for coordinating and performing a wide range of programmatic, procurement, and reporting activities associated with administering a grant funded program. Positions coordinate the provision of services, perform program functions and oversee the provision of program support to clients/students as specified by the grant source. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working in support of students, consider joining our team .
- Provides information to staff, faculty, and clients/students on a grant funded program’s objective and intended outcomes, operating processes and procedures, and direct services provided to clients/students.
- Works directly with clients/ students to provide the range of services and assistance specified under a specific grant program, adhering to operating procedures and funding requirements.
- Implements programs designed to meet grant objectives and outcomes by establishing work processes and overseeing the day to day operations to ensure the effective administration of program services.
- Prepares and facilitates presentations and workshops for clients/students.
- Maintains records and creates databases using Excel and accesses data on PeopleSoft (i.e. CS9, Open Book) to track program enrollment, level of activity and engagement with clients/students.
- Prepares narrative reports to document program activities, services provided, program outcomes, and achievements in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Prepares and assists clients/students in preparing forms, applications, and other documents needed to enroll or obtain services under the grant funded program.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, places orders with vendors, and verifies delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and other goods acquired with program grant funds.
- Coordinates with Business Office to maintain account records of budgeted funds and to track and monitor expenditures and account balances.
- Plans and implements activities such as workshops, career fairs, and field trips for programs designed to engage students with an interest in pursuing career programs in a specific industry (i.e. healthcare, manufacturing, IT).
- Coordinating the provision of student support services and activities to students to meet program objectives and outcomes (i.e. workshops on soft skills development; career readiness skills).
- Works collaboratively with college administrators to plan, develop, and implement project initiatives and activities to accomplish grant funded program objectives.
- Prepares quarterly and annual progress reports and comply with
other reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Health Sciences, Education or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Two years of work experience of public health workforce experience
- Experience in grant management and project/grant coordination highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in the use video conferencing applications (i.e. Zoom)
- Must be team player, self-directed, and innovative, ability to assess current operations in an effort to improve future goals and initiatives of the grant.
Harold Washington College , located at 30 East Lake Street in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers all members of its community through accessible and affordable academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment. At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure more students complete their curricula - college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. This is an exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest in the nation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert