About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Distance Education New Student Enrollment Specialist is a
revenue generating position focused on recruiting a population of
students interested in online Undergraduate programs or other
Distance Education offerings. This position is responsible for all
aspects of the admissions recruitment cycle including communicating
with prospective students and business partners to aid in
recruitment. The Distance Education Graduate New Student Enrollment
Specialist maintains accurate records and works proactively with
all stages of student recruitment from prospect identification
through matriculation and supports Distance Education Advisors as
Full job description provided at time of interview.
- Meet or exceed recruitment goals, which are set annually.
- Build and maintain necessary relationships with prospective
students and other influencers.
- Review student applications for admission decisions for
designated online programs based on agreed upon parameters.
- Prepare and deliver effective recruitment presentations at
colleges, fairs, workshops, and conferences while managing a table
at those events.
- Counsel and guide students through each stage of the admissions
- Make phone calls, send emails, traditional mail, and be
comfortable using effective technology as part of the recruitment
- Become knowledgeable and articulate about Unity College
Distance Education, its programs, market niche, strategies, and
- Understand how to work with non-traditional and adult
- Full life cycle management of a pool of applicants: proactive
and holistic student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry,
application, and processes using the Constituent Relationship
Management (CRM) database.
- Serve as primary information provider for students about the
admission process, including information about financial aid,
billing, and the academic experience.
- Partner with Unity College Area Representatives to recruit
greater number of students from secondary and tertiary
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports on all
recruitment activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience in college admissions recruiting.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to
work both autonomously and in a team.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to be professionally persistent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse
political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical
and academic abilities.
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and computerized
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous, and well poised.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
- Experience in recruiting online students.
- Personal experience with higher education financial assistance
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity
College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental
Professions, and the School of Environmental Business &
Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms campus. The
facilities are within easy access to one of the fastest-growing
cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible