University of Idaho
Associate Extension Educator, Snr. Instructor - 4-H Youth
Col of Agricultural & Life
Commensurate with Experience
The Northern District is seeking applications for an Extension
Faculty Senior Instructor, 4-H Youth Development for Kootenai
County, located in the Kootenai County Extension Office located in
Post Falls, Idaho. The Senior Instructor will provide leadership in
4-H Youth Development and in 4-H Youth programming. The position
will provide support and Extension outreach in Kootenai and
surrounding North Central Idaho Area sub-region within the Northern
Extension District. The position will provide leadership, guidance,
and management to the 4-H Youth Development program in Kootenai
County and will collaborate with Extension personnel across program
and county lines plus actively participate on State 4-H teams and
- Bachelor’s degree related to education, youth development,
human development or agriculture is required by date of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to design innovative and effective
educational programs in response to local needs; implement programs
and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with youth and adult
audiences and experience collaborating with community organizations
to provide educational experiences to diverse youth audiences and
- A Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
with program audiences. Demonstrated competency in people related
skills such as teaching, problem solving, communication, conflict
management, relationship building and leadership development.
- Ability to work well in a team, provide effective leadership
for Extension programming, and provide marketing and promotion of
the 4-H program.
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written, listening, public
- Ability to recruit, teach, and manage volunteers.
- Computer literacy as demonstrated using technology in
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- A master’s degree in an applicable field of study.
- Extension experience in 4-H Youth Development, or applicable
- Knowledge of Kootenai County and the surrounding area.
- Experience in fund raising, grantsmanship, and cost recovery
efforts. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with mass media
(TV, Internet, radio, newspapers).
- Work a flexible schedule, including some weekends
- Must: possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Work a flexible schedule, including some weekends Must: possess a
valid driver’s license. Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise
move 50 lbs.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by 09/29/2022 will receive first
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of
qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred
qualifications listed.In addition, your application materials must
include a CV, names & contact information for at least three
(3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:
James A. Church or Carrie Reese
Northern District Extension
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative