University of Idaho
$18.70 per hour, depending upon education and
Initiates processing of admission applications by compiling
critical file documentation, including sensitive and confidential
information; evaluates academic records, determines eligibility for
admission, and assigns appropriate admission decision. Assists
telephone and walk-in client contacts; provides research necessary
in support of administrative decision making
- Intermediate typing, word processing, and computer skills;
- Monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors;
- Interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and
complex policies for multiple or highly specialized programs;
- Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to
identify and resolve problems or issues;
- Working in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record
- Composing and proofreading business correspondence.
- College education and/or work experience in a college or
- Experience interacting with individuals from varying cultural
- Experience with the Banner administrative database system.
- Experience with Slate customer relationship management (CRM)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Some knowledge of international educational systems.
- Knowledge of UI policies and procedures, campus facilities, and
student support services.
- Familiarity with student records and the organizational
structure of higher education institutions.
- Ability to work professionally with the public as well as
- Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows, spreadsheet
software, electronic mail, and web-based research.
- Position requires proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent
resident status to serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) per
Department of Homeland Security and Department of State
- Must be eligible for membership in professional organizations
such as NAFSA, AACRAO, TAICEP and AICE
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled, however, applications received
on or before September 18, 2022 will receive first
Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is
Please use your letter of
to explain in detail how your work
experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and
preferred qualifications as listed in the position description.
Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your
communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among
the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of
, please visit the HR website here:
Applicant Resources - Careers | University of Idaho
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative