Part-Time Specialist I, Community Relations
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 29, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Houston North Greenspoint
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
LSC-Houston North Greenspoint is a state-of-the-art, full-service location designed to serve the greater Greenspoint area. Its proximity to local businesses and public transportation has created a location ideal for working and non-traditional students. The facility offers a selection of day, evening and weekend credit courses, including university-transfer courses, certificates, computer/office skills, and developmental studies.
Location address is 250 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E., Houston, TX 77060.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Specialist I, Community Relations performs standard support duties assisting the department as they provide wraparound services for students. The PT Specialist I will help the department in a variety of functions such as keeping the food pantry organized and helping those that receive the service sign-in for tracking purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under direct supervision, make sure food pantry is organized for easy access
- Actively assists the dean in all tracking processes
- Provides updates to deans as needed
- Assists within tracking non-academic services as needed
- Collects needed information from participants via designated tracking system
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to treat all employee, parents, and children with respect and dignity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Knowledge and experience working with youth
- Knowledge and ability to use PC and common office software
Position may involve some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or canned goods. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Work hours may vary
- Morning and afternoon shifts available
- High school diploma or equivalent
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.88
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
PLEASE NOTE - although location on posting is listed as Houston North Greenspoint, hire(s) will be assigned and work at any/all of the four Houston North locations, as needed. Locations include Houston North Greenspoint, Houston North Victory, Houston North Fairbanks and Houston North Fallbrook
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert