Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Prescott, Arizona campus is
looking to hire an Academic Evaluator to support the Office of the
Registrar. Embry-Riddle's Prescott Campus is respected worldwide
for cutting-edge instruction and training for tomorrow's aviation,
aerospace, security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is a
mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable weather
excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and
45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild
climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national
forests. The university is a small, private, residential university
in the mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon.
The academic evaluator supports all functions performed within the
Office of the Registrar. The person in this position is expected to
assist in the development of processes that will streamline
operations and improve student services from admissions to
ERAU benefits include:
- Evaluate transfer credit and previous work experience, military
experience, training, and/or education for all applicants to the
- Review student files upon matriculation; determine the total
number of transferable credits; post the credit in students' course
histories on the computer system. Contact students for any missing
transcripts or information as needed.
- Update credit evaluations upon request from students, advisors,
and academic departments. Process change of degree applications,
change of catalog applications, change of advisor applications, and
declaration of minor applications. Process course substitution
requests and advance standing/placement requests.
- Process Off-Campus Petitions to Take Courses at another
Institution. Includes updating evaluation, evaluation of
transferability of courses taken, and follow-up of transcript
receipt. Evaluate college credits for transferability into
- Process graduation applications; complete an official
graduation evaluation and advise the student of courses remaining
to be completed. Maintain database of graduation candidates;
compile and distribute-list of candidates.
- Evaluate final grades of potential honors graduates for
eligibility and announcement at the graduation ceremony. Process
diplomas for mailing and maintain inventory.
- Development and maintenance of degree progress measurement
tools academic advisement reports (AAR), transfer credit
evaluation, articulation agreements, and course equivalency guides.
Assists with the review, configuration, implementation and testing
of new technology, or updates to existing software tools. Assists
with production of annual campus catalog. Assists faculty with
curriculum proposal development and review to ensure that
university degree requirement policies are met.
- Assists with student service requests such as registration,
graduation, grading, and academic standing. Works with students,
advisors, and other administrators to help resolve student
- Serves on various committees to represent the department.
Participates in ad-hoc projects. Develops and delivers training on
services as needed.
- Processes final grades for graduating students. Recalculates
GPAs for graduation honors, ABET accreditation requirements, grade
forgiveness requirements, and degree completion eligibility. Audits
transcripts for accuracy of final GPAs and degree notations.
- Assists with other office duties such as registration,
orientation, and commencement. Other duties as assigned.
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans - PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three to five years of work
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Initiative and excellent organizational skills; Ability to work
within a team or independently; detailed orientated, self-starter,
ability to organize and prioritize work to be done
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and experience
with e-mail/internet, Microsoft applications and imaging systems;
experience working with various software solutions and/or with
implementation of software solutions desired; previous experience
with SIS Campus Solutions desired
- General knowledge of accepted practices at other institutions;
detailed knowledge of ERAU academic policies, procedures, standards
- Familiarity with non-traditional educational sources of college
level advanced standing credit, such as the military guide from the
American Council on Education and national exams such as CLEP and
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot student issues
- Familiar with the basic operations of the Office of the
Registrar and best practices in the industry
- May be required to work weekend/evening hours or during peak