Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic
tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is
strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity.
These values are central to our mission
strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and
supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is
committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately
seeks out multiple perspectives.
The College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for the
Xavier University position of College Relations Manager. The
College Relations Manager reports to the Assistant Dean in the
College of Arts and Sciences.
Primary position responsibilities are:
- Gather, write, produce, and edit college communications and
media materials, both print and electronic, for internal and
- Author and design the College of Arts and Sciences’
newsletters, to include a weekly edition for faculty and staff and
a monthly edition for CAS students.
- Develop surveys for college constituency feedback and data
collection to foster college strategy and direction.
- Take lead in planning college events, including meetings,
retreats, recognition ceremonies, and college student advisory
- Create and update content of CAS website and SharePoint sites,
handbooks, and other internal guides.
- Oversee development of content and campaigns to be used in
college social media accounts and platforms.
- Organize and take lead for donor stewardship within the
college, in coordination with Development staff.
- Co-supervise and mentor student staff in the dean’s
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Communication, DIFT,
Digital Media, Writing, Public Relations, Journalism, English or
other degree that includes substantial writing experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a relevant position.
- Excellent writing, organizational and event planning skills
with acute attention to details.
- Experience with basic graphic design software, such as
Publisher, Photoshop or Illustrator. Experience with photography
and video editing software preferred.
- Familiarity with MailChimp, Qualtrics, SharePoint, Cascade, and
project management software.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's website.
Applications will be reviewed beginning September 12, 2022.
The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are asked to
include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might
support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide
vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be
granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible