University of Idaho
Extension Faculty - Boundary Co.- Agronomy, Small Farms,
Horticulture, 4-H Youth Development
Off Campus Location - Boundary County - Bonners
Col of Agricultural & Life
Commensurate with Experience
University of Idaho Extension, Northern District, is seeking
applicants for a 12-month, tenure track Assistant or Associate
Professor, Extension Educator. The Educator will provide overall
leadership, applied research and organization for educational
programs in production agriculture, small farm production, urban
horticulture and 4-H youth development in Boundary County. This
position will also provide agronomic, small farms and horticulture
educational programming in the other counties of Northern Idaho as
- An earned Master of Science Degree from an accredited
institution in an agricultural area that may include, Agronomy,
Crop Science, Horticulture, Agriculture Education, Extension
Education, or other Agricultural Science degree.
- Experience and ability to work collaboratively with individuals
and organizations from a range of public and private
- Ability to adapt research materials for effective written and
- Demonstrated competency related skills such as teaching,
problem solving, communication, conflict management, relationship
building and leadership development.
- Ability to work well in a team, provide effective leadership
for Extension programming.
- Computer literacy and competence in using technology for
program delivery, record keeping, reporting, and team-based
- A Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
with program audiences.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience working in Extension as an Educator.
- Demonstrated ability to design innovative and effective
educational programs in response to local needs; implement programs
and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Leadership and work experience in crop production, small farm
production and horticulture.
- Experience in grant application and administration.
- Experience working in youth development programs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50
- Willing and able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule
(i.e., Participate in evening and weekend programs).
Must possess a valid driver’s license. Physical ability to lift,
carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs. Willing and able to travel and
adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e., Participate in evening and
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by July 22, 2022
receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a
letter of qualification
addressing how you meet the required
and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names
& contact information for at least three (3) professional
references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Jim ChurchNorthern District
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative