University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life
$50,003.20 or higher depending upon
CIP Code 1120.
The position will focus on research in soil fertility, plant
nutrition, and canopy sensing technologies in barley and wheat
crops. The person filling this position will be expected to draft
manuscripts for publication for field work already completed. The
candidate will also be expected to take day-to-day responsibility
for the management of one or more ongoing research projects. The
candidate may write project reports, give presentations to industry
and academia, prepare papers for publication, and provide mentoring
to more junior members of the lab.
- Ph.D. in Soil Science, Crop Science or related degree.
- Experience with written communication skills producing high
quality peer reviewed papers.
- Experience presenting at professional meetings.
- Experience summarizing and interpreting experimental data
showing analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience using computer software and applications for
statistical procedures, word processing, and scientific graphics
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- A strong and relevant research background and ability to pay
attention to detail.
- Interest in and experience with soil fertility, plant
nutrition, and canopy sensing technologies.
- Experience designing experiments and analyzing the results.
Experience using regression analysis and ANOVA with repeated
- Experience using lab equipment including scales, NIR, and CNS
analyzers (e.g., Elementar Cube), and colorimetry (e.g., SKALAR
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Ability to safely drive and perform work with a truck.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move objects weighing
up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive UI vehicles and pass driving background
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by September 18, 2022, will receive first
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your
“Letter of Qualification”
must address EACH of the required
qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In
addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process,
address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible.
Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for
submitting a Letter of Qualification.
In addition to the online application materials requested, please
have one recommendation letter submitted directly by the reference
to Dr. Jared Spackman at the following email address:
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative