Adjunct: Continuing Education Instructor - Advanced Manufacturing
- Goodwin University
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 29, 2022
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
The part-time Continuing Education (CE) Instructor conducts workshops for advanced manufacturing continuing education, typically working with incumbent workers both on site at employers’ location, as well as on ground at the University. The CE instructor ought to be well versed in the manufacturing industry, specifically in the quality area, blueprints and GD&T interpretation, reading and application writing; and other related skills. Competence in demonstrating concepts using props (e.g. physical models, customer parts) and demonstrate a desire to pass along knowledge. May be called upon to meet with clients on planning workshops, track attendance, deliver and return workshop evaluation surveys among other workshop related administrative duties.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
In consultation with the Director of Workforce Development, the instructor will:
- Teach classes and workshops,
- Provide excellent face to face interpersonal communication skills
- Possess prolific/dynamic public speaking ability
- Create workshop curriculum
- Collect data concerning CE workshops,
- Deliver presentations on related manufacturing fields to outside groups,
- All other duties relative to workshop administrative functions.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team effort.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent facilitation skills and a demonstrated ability to work closely in teams;
- Computer literacy in word programs and internet applications required; ability to adapt to and use technology is required;
- A demonstrated ability to research material both on-line and in traditional library settings;
- Aptitude with basic tools and the ability to move and lift equipment up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- MSSC – CPT certification a plus
- Training experience in a professional setting
- Acquired industry experience in a business or manufacturing related field and or relevant experience in industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required, in a business or manufacturing related field and or relevant experience in industry (Master’s Degree ideal).
- Experience with education programs and the ability to analyze, synthesize and interpret data is necessary.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert