The Administrative Assistant to the Department of Communication
Sciences and Disorders is responsible for carrying out
administrative assignments relating to the CSD programs and
providing support to the Department Chair, as well as the Graduate
Program and Speech Clinic Directors. Also supports faculty,
adjuncts, and students and collaborates with the Off-Campus
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the verification process of graduate-student
progress towards meeting degree, ASHA certification, and state
teacher licensure requirements.
- Monitors inventory, orders, and tracks purchases for general
supplies, large equipment, and furniture. Purchases all excusive
applications, accounts, and software for department and graduate
- Prepares a variety of reports, letters, memos, forms, academic
correspondence/materials, and other written correspondence. Assists
graduate program director with annual accreditation reports.
- Sets up, maintains, and archives the official and confidential
faculty, business, undergraduate and graduate student files;
maintains confidential department and clinic information; maintains
various tracking reports and CAA assessments; performs Informer
Searches; maintains proprietary tracking software (Calipso) to
monitor clock hours and program requirements; maintains department
shared drive and LinkedIn Group page.
- Collects and compiles initial budget data for preparation and
submission of department budgets; prepares and tracks payment
invoices; tracks spending and budgets for the department, graduate
program, and speech clinic, and reconciles results with official
- Assists current and prospective students and faculty with
questions and requests relating to the department and graduate
- Works closely with off-site coordinator regarding clinical
placements, off- and on-site supervisor credential verifications,
and license/certification and contact expirations.
- Attends all department meetings, including department retreats,
transcribes meeting minutes and maintains digital and hard copies
for accreditor reviews.
- Prepares and tracks department membership renewals and expense
reports; assists with faculty desk copies; maintains digital
archival of course syllabi per term; updates graduate and
undergraduate websites and department directory. Assists directors
with manuals and handbooks; Posts program assessment data to
- Schedules repairs and calibration services for all audiology
equipment; schedules maintenance repairs for the voice and
swallowing lab equipment; purchases disinfecting supplies.
- Plans and coordinates events relating to the graduate program
admission process, interviews, luncheons, etc; assists with ground
transportation, hotel reservations, and on-campus accommodations
for guests; secures room reservations for department meetings and
- Sends mass emails and correspondence to students.
- Assists with computer software updates for the department,
coordinating with the IT department; acts as administrator for
proprietary web-based BoardMaker application; assists with CSDCAS
and WebAdmit as they relate to the prospective graduate student
applications, correspondence, and the selection process.
- Serves as backup to the Administrative Assistant for the Speech
Clinic during lunch breaks, vacations, illnesses, and heavy
workload periods. Supports the Master of Occupational Therapy
program as needed.
- Assists chair, directors, and off-site coordinator with special
- Communicates with facilities regarding maintenance/repair
appointments for the department; coordinates telephone
installations and extension updates with Telecommunications;
prepares key requests and maintains documentation.
- Assists with undergraduate and graduate student scholarship
- Assists with course evaluations.
- Troubleshoots standard office equipment.
- Runs on and off campus errands.
- Proctors exams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED ; some college preferred.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office 365, especially Word, Excel
- Must type at least 45 WPM .
- 3 years similar office experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Data entry experience.
- Calipso experience.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move object.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazine’s consistently
rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting