Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs or designee,
the Director of Dual Enrollment, (DE) oversees all aspects of the
high school dual enrollment program at BCCC. The Director will play
a critical role in strengthening partnerships and dual enrolled
pathways with Baltimore City Public Schools and other education
institutions. The position works closely with counselors and
administrators at partner high schools and home school associations
to build a dual enrollment and recruitment program to enroll
students. The Director will work collaboratively to build
relationships with high schools throughout the greater Baltimore
metropolitan area by assessing the needs of high schools and high
school students, coordinating with academic programs to respond to
those needs, implementing marketing strategies, providing support
services prior to, during, and after enrollment. The Director works
in collaboration with various campus departments such as Student
Accounting, the Student Success Center, Information Technology,
Academic Affairs, Workforce Development, and Marketing and
Communications. The Director must recognize the value of a diverse
student population and be able to integrate that into the
recruitment strategy for the College. The Director performs other
duties as assigned.
- Plays an integral role in the organization, and execution of
the Dual Enrollment component of the Recruitment and Strategic
Enrollment Management plan.
- Coordinates the growth, development, and promotion of the Dual
Enrollment Program, including preparation of guidelines for
schools, students, and academic departments, making presentations
at schools, initiating formal agreements with schools, recommending
policy and procedural changes, coordinating with academic
departments at BCCC, solving problems, and serving as an advisor
and a resource for students, parents, and counselors.
- Assists in the oversight of recruiting territories by ensuring
an optimal yield from assigned high schools, organizations, and
- Coordinates the recruitment of high school students into DE
- Assists in the development of a detailed and comprehensive
integrated DE enrollment and communications plan, which will
include goals, defined targets, and follow-up steps.
- Facilitates long-range planning using research and data to
analyze the marketplace and integrate best practices in DE
recruiting and marketing strategies.
- Builds relationships with high schools assessing the needs of
high school dual enrollment students and local schools.
- Assists with the operational strategies by evaluating trends,
establishing critical measurements, determining productivity,
quality, and customer service strategies, resolving problems,
- Works with the BCCC administration to analyze and report DE
recruitment and admissions data.
- Coordinates with Academic Affairs to provide DE courses in
response to student and school needs.
- Plans and coordinates on-campus programs for prospective DE
students and early intervention efforts with middle and high school
students and their families.
- Assists with marketing and promotion strategies to ensure
participation in the DE program and interest in full-time
enrollment at BCCC.
- Provides admission, registration, and funding support services,
in concert with other BCCC offices.
- Coordinates orientation, academic support, and student
engagement during enrollment at BCCC.
- Ensures that the DE program is administered in accordance with
guidelines established by BCCC, Baltimore City Public Schools,
other school systems, and the state of Maryland.
- Responsive to changing technologies and advances in
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution of
- 3-Years of experience in the administration and oversight of
dual enrollment program(s)
- At least 5 years of experience in admissions, advising, college
access, or similar role in higher education.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience
- Exceptional program coordination experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent computer skills, attention to detail and the ability
to meet deadlines
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel within
the recruitment territory
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and
PowerPoint. Experience with a CRM or ERP such as Banner, Colleague
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of
- Seven (7) years of experience in Dual Enrollment
Administration, College Admissions or related area
- Community College Experience