Part-Time PC Technician II
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 25, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Westway Park Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
LSC-Westway Park Technology Center, a satellite center of LSC-CyFair, is located between Clay and Tanner roads off the Sam Houston Tollway. This center will focus on LSC-CyFair’s Visual Communication and Information Technology workforce training programs with certificates and degrees in areas such as Cisco and Microsoft Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Graphic and Web Design, and 3D animation.
Location address is 5060 Westway Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77041.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Technician II supports and maintains computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The Technician II troubleshoots problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provides end user training and assistance where required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC services
- Act as a liaison and provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operations and other issues
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot level I & II end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of semi-complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, texts and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- Help maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal
- Construct, install and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems
- Perform PC hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC Hardware
- Detailed understanding of Windows, Mac, and Unix operating systems and/or AV systems as required
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides
- Background of strong customer service orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Skilled at explaining technical subjects to non- technical as well as technical customers
- Has expertise in principles and concepts underlying an area of IT
- Current and proficient in any new concepts or practices in own IT discipline, and applies that knowledge to the current work
- Has in-depth understanding of the different aspects of the College’s purpose and operations (academic; research; administrative)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Has some awareness of external trends and best practices
- Demonstrates flexibility and discretion in negotiations with customers and/or colleagues
- Ability to seek opportunities and set some goals for own development
- Ability to follow team and OTS procedures, but regularly evaluates those procedures
- Ability to know and follow standard operating procedures
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.99
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert