Education and Design Specialist
Arizona State University
University Design Institute
The University Design Institute seeks an experience education and design specialist with knowledge and expertise in global higher education. The perfect candidate will be tapped into the pulse of global trends and global opportunities in higher education, and will have a proven track record of working with university executive leadership teams around the world to advance strategy, implement transformational change efforts, and achieve actionable outcomes. While the perfect candidate will be an expert in their own right, they will also embrace a philosophy of co-design and have the capacity to partner with clients in co-creating solutions. This person will not be an “expert teller”, or someone who merely advocates for best practices and solutions; rather, the perfect candidate will partner alongside their clients, and through assessing their current needs, co-design transformational solutions. Recognizing that transformation initiatives require diverse types of expertise, our desired candidate will also have the ability to configure and lead teams of experts that may be needed for engagements. While business development is not an overt part of this role, the desired candidate will be able to easily engage as a trusted advisor and convert potential opportunities into clients when the opportunities arise. If you have strategy and change management consulting experience, have deep interest in higher education transformation, and are ready for an opportunity to help build a practice, this position may be for you.
$120,000 - $130,000 per year; DOE
- Leads client engagements as an expert facilitator on university and systems-level transformation projects
- Conducts needs assessments with global higher education clients
- Engages in co-design by partnering with clients and experts, while drawing on an extensive personal toolkit of best practices and approaches, in order to craft the best solutions to meet client needs
- Crafts proposals and solution blueprints for design, and works in partnership with clients to move from idea to implementation
- Builds and maintains a trusted advisor relationship with global senior higher education executives
- Identifies potential opportunities to deepen and strengthen client relationships with UDI
- Builds and maintains a network of seasoned experts that can be drawn upon to assist in client engagements
- Leverages best practices in strategy and management consulting in co-designing solutions
- When necessary, leads implementation team members in developing and executing implementation plans, including effective data tracking systems, project and organizational change management best practices, and encourages continuous improvement to optimize client experience.
- Performs ongoing research and forecasting of changes in the global higher education landscape, including benchmarking of peer institutions, competitors, technological innovations, and corporate players in the international landscape.
- Assists with developing annual strategic goals and objectives along with internal policy and procedure to aid in meeting those goals and objectives.
- Constantly “levels up” skills and tools through professional development and engaging with expert others
- Serves as a representative of UDI and ASU at state, regional and national organizations, boards, councils, and committees, as assigned.
Master’s degree in Management, Strategy or related field and eight years of experience in management consulting; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of being tapped into the pulse of leadership development, change management, global trends, and global opportunities in higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge in strategy and management best practices and trends
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in global higher education. as worked with multiple universities at the strategic level
- Experience in building and maintaining trusted advisor/client relationships
- Experience in navigating cultural spaces with cultural intelligence
- Experience in navigating global higher education, with previous client engagements across multiple countries
- Evidence of strategy and management consulting background and experience.
- Demonstrated track record and experience in working in multiple countries
- Demonstrated track record and experience working with executive level teams in the higher education industry
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Must have ability to travel (both domestically and internationally).
The University Design Institute (UDI) is a catalyst for transformation in higher education. Our vision is for Universities to emerge as powerful engines of social transformation and economic impact. We co-design solutions for higher education. We collaborate with ASU and institutions globally to envision the future, solve problems, and move from ideas to implementation. We transform higher education by advancing innovative, scalable, and sustainable solutions.
We are a values-driven organization with a focus on 6 critical values. Our values include:
- Intentional Inclusionists: We create an environment of trust, support, acceptance and safety to foster a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
- Eternal Optimists: Change is an opportunity for progress, so we tirelessly work to co-create solutions to transform higher education
- Avid Learners: We embrace curiosity and an exploratory mindset to promote individual and institutional growth.
- Constructive Challengers: We commit to challenge processes and perspectives in a supportive environment to push towards continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Connectors: Through a culture of collaboration, we weave together a community of problem-solvers to move from ideas to implementation.
- Relentless Innovators: We fail forward, take risks, and move quickly to craft solutions with purpose.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view the full description and to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4610858