University of Idaho
Associate Director for Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry
WWAMI Medical Education Program
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate for this position will serve an important
administrative, teaching and leadership role in the WWAMI Medical
Education Program as a regular faculty member in a tenure track
Help to organize the mind, brain and
behavior course which involves teaching relevant content,
identifying content experts and patients for sessions, and
overseeing implementation of the block-based fall course. There
will also be minor teaching assignments in other portions of the
curriculum in relevant content area.
Develop and maintain an active area of
scholarship related their area of expertise based on prior
Outreach and Extension
: Establish outreach to
local health care providers in clinical psychology and psychiatry.
Develop clinical placements for student learning in the larger
northern Idaho community.
University Service and Leadership:
implement and administer graduate programs in health-related areas
that intersect with their areas of expertise. Examples could
include degree programs in clinical psychology and public
Rank is negotiable depending on experience and will range from
Assistant to Associate Professor. The position is tenure track or
with tenure depending on the candidate’s experience and current
tenure status. The administrative portion of this position is
contingent upon a continued need for the administrative assignment
and will be compensated as 15% of the faculty base salary.
- Postgraduate clinical education. Examples of minimal degree
obtainment that would qualify an applicant include MD and DO or PhD
and other Doctoral degrees in a relevant field such as clinical
- Curriculum development experience in a university setting.
- A minimum of four years working and teaching in a university
- Licensure to practice as a psychologist or in psychiatry in
current state of residence.
- Project management experience.
- Successful record of research publications.
- Experience summarizing and presenting research findings.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Completion of a degree in an APA accredited program if
- Experience teaching medical and health professions
- Experience with program design.
- Demonstrated record of scholarly activity.
- Demonstrated experience in administration.
- Demonstrated experience advising/mentoring graduate or health
- Experience serving on advisory and review panels.
- Successful record of grant experience.
- Knowledge and experience of health professional program
Open Until Filled:
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative