Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, the primary
responsibilities of this position are instructing courses in
Interior Design; to evaluate progress of students; to advise
students concerning educational matters, to perform other
instructionally related duties as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct organized Interior Design classes at the instructional
level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course
description and the course information sheets.
- Assist in the evaluation and revision of existing courses and
course materials as assigned.
- Advise and assist students to achieve stated course
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify the students in
need of counseling services.
- Attend faculty, division, or other on-campus meetings as
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including
the revision of course descriptions and course outlines.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks,
audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate
fields of competency.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance,
progress and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the
- Maintain control of equipment, materials and supplies as
- Report to the Division Dean any condition which might
jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
- Supervise student aides, tutors, and readers, as
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code
and Board of Trustees policies and procedures.
- Assist in marketing and promoting the Interior Design Program
by participating in college sponsored events and by visiting local
communities and schools.
- Assist the Division Dean to maintain an active and effective
Interior Design Advisory Committee.
- Prepare and present information and material in a classroom
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students.
- Work in a cooperative manner with staff, students and community
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Teaching-learning processes with special knowledge about
individualizing the instruction program.
- When appropriate, methods and techniques of laboratory
instruction including health and safety precautions.
- The varied needs and abilities of non-traditional students and
familiarity with materials and methods designed to meet their
Bachelor's degree in interior design or related field and two years
of professional experience
an Associate degree in interior design or related field and six
years of professional experience.