Brown University Athletics is seeking candidates for the Manager of
Creative Video position. This role will lead, develop, film,
produce, and create progressive video, graphic, and animated motion
projects to highlight and feature Brown Athletics and Recreation
via all digital and social media channels, official website, and
in-venue video displays.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Work to advance the brand of 34 nationally recognized sports
programs and provide organizational content using original and
creative design concepts. Create, schedule and execute a social
media and creative content plan for local, regional and national
- Plan and produce daily and weekly content to include video,
social media graphics and posts and other multimedia
- Capture, create, control, maintain and produce video scoreboard
graphics, features and activities displayed during home athletic
- Collaborate with communications, broadcast operations/social
media, production, broadcast operations, and marketing teams within
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders on large-scale
projects that will impact strategic initiatives and objectives of
- Fulfill media, University, and internal requests for video
- Coordinate, manage and catalog video and other content within
sport specific archives as assigned.
- Supervise student interns assigned to creative video
- Assist with directing and administering all duties and
responsibilities regarding part-time video assistants and interns,
including coordinating schedules, assign, and evaluate work.
- Assist with staffing, recruiting, and training students for
video content team.
Entry into the candidate pool requires the following:
- Three (3) years of working in sports video production,
including creative storytelling experience; strong knowledge of
filming, photography, editing, color grading, audio mixing and
- Three (3) years’ experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe
Premiere, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects finalization
- Three (3) years’ experience working in athletics at a
college/university or comparable preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in social media content generation, skill in
interpersonal communication, collaboration and prioritization of
work assignments required.
- Experience in working with deadlines and turning around
high-quality projects from point of inception to finalization of
production on a day-to-day basis required.
- Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and
holidays as needed.
- Develop [strategies/content] in alignment with Brown’s policies
and protocols relating to visual identity, image use, Web hosting,
accessibility, and vendor hiring. Follow established Brown
University identity and messaging priorities.
- Coordinate with internal campus constituents, including the
Office of University Communications, as needed for projects
requiring collaboration and input from other University
- Possesses and continually updates requisite knowledge and
understanding of assigned duties, responsibilities, policies,
procedures and compliance requirements to perform the position.
Demonstrates technical skills required for the position.
Understands business needs and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates quality product including accuracy and
thoroughness in work required for the position. Plans and completes
an acceptable quantity of work within deadlines. Works with
diligence and identifies opportunities to streamline or improve
- Consistently exhibits professional demeanor with internal and
external constituents and peers through verbal and written customer
focused communication. This includes listening, understanding
customer expectations/perspective and acknowledging and responding
to concerns in a timely and helpful manner. Demonstrates commitment
to exceptional service, timely problem resolution.
- Follows through on assignments. Takes ownership of work. Is
reliable, professional and responsible. Adheres to procedures,
practices, and work schedule. Work is completed in a timely manner
and within established deadlines effectively using resources.
Demonstrates commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork. Values and seeks input
and expertise of others. Contributes to the team environment by
working effectively with others on the team to accomplish work.
Treats co-workers with respect, honesty and fairness. Resolves
issues effectively and is viewed as a positive team member and/or
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary
ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the
duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all
NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules
violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations
within the division are to be reported to the appropriate
The successful candidate for this position will be required to
complete a criminal background, Education and DMV check
satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing
Background Check - Criminal, Education, DMV
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Manager of Creative Video
Athletics & Physical Education
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any
staff position at Brown University you must submit an application
form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please
include a cover letter and resume with each position
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on
campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive
the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work,
unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All
employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30)
days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the
Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers
applicants for employment without regard to, and does not
discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran
status, disability, or any other legally protected status.