About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Assistant Registrar will support the Registrars Office and
Student Success functions with priority given to the Distance
Education Sustainable Education Business Unit (SEBU). The Assistant
Registrar will assist with course scheduling and maintenance of the
academic catalog. This position will work closely with concierges,
advisors, and other staff to provide seamless service regarding
student records, graduation clearance, policy, and procedure.
Full job description provided at time of interview.
- Support concierges, advisors, and other staff with student
record, policy, and procedure inquiries for all students.
- Act as primary military benefits specialist for the SEBU.
- Complete term processing (grades, evaluations, satisfactory
academic progress, etc.) and reporting.
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress for all students in the
- Audit official transfer credit evaluations, including course
- Enters course schedule in student information system.
- Review graduation status.
- Maintain academic program requirements in student-facing degree
audit and transfer software.
- Process course substitutions, and other forms related to
student records and academic plans.
- Respond to all Registrar emails in inbox during assigned time
- Maintain integrity of all student records and confidential
- Ensure compliance to state, federal, and College policies,
processes, and regulations, such as FERPA.
- Achieve annually determined performance goals.
- Support institutional reporting efforts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of detailed data
entry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Prior experience with military educational benefits strongly
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information and
respond to questions from faculty, staff, students, parents, and
the general public.
- Ability to perform duties in a pleasant, discreet, and
- Proficiency in the use of required technologies, including
proficiency with excel reports and pivot tables.
- Must have attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing
materials and use good spelling, grammar, and written communication
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours
required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling
responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity
College employees are generally scheduled to work at their
specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is
necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend
events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity
College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental
Professions (opening in 2022), and the School of Environmental
Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms
campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the
fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible