Adjunct Instructor - Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) –
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Allied Health/Director of Physical Therapist
The successful candidate will possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s
degree in Physical Therapy (PT) or equivalent academic credential,
or an Associate’s degree in PTA . The candidate will be licensed,
or licensure eligible, in the State of Illinois as a PT or PTA
commensurate with his/her earned degree from an accredited PT or
PTA program. The candidate will have Orthopedic Experience. The
candidate will have a minimum of one year of clinical experience
beyond entry-level. The candidate will have clinical and/or
academic teaching experience. The candidate will have excellent
analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
as well as basic computer literacy.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Associate’s degree in PTA with a Bachelor’s degree in a related
field of study, Entry-level MPT, entry-level DPT, post-graduate
advanced degree work in PT or a related field of study, and/or
clinical specialist certification in the field of instruction.
Academic preparation and teaching experience in PTA clinical
practice and education. Experience working with culturally diverse
students. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral
communication skills. Ability to use computer-assisted technology
to enhance teaching and learning. Bilingual skills English/Spanish.
Be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of truth,
compassion, fairness, responsibility, and respect.
The PTA Instructor will teach designated PTA Program courses to a
diverse student population. The Instructor must stay abreast of
ongoing developments, trends, and issues in instruction in the
community college environment.
Specific Job Duties
• To instruct students in the facts, skills and appreciations
pertaining to the assigned courses.
• To consider the needs of the students, and assist them by seeking
help from other college services.
• To submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
• To distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to
students no later than the first week of the course.
• To receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as
distributed by Deans’ Office.
• To adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
• To obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
• To maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
• To take and record student Attendance each day.
• To submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to
• To give final exam at the time and date indicated on the
college’s Final Exam Schedule.
• To respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated e-mail.
• To check assigned college mailbox regularly.
• To distribute to all students a course syllabus that covers the
class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements, and
• To assist the Associate Dean in development of the curriculum, in
the preparation of the outlines and selection of textbooks.
• To submit midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices,
attendance records and any other reports pertaining to the assigned
• To participate on faculty committees when indicated.
• To participate in academic advising when indicated.
• To stay abreast of ongoing developments, trends and issues in
physical therapist assistant program instruction at the community
• To participate in course and program assessment.
• To perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Morton College is dedicated to diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to
ensure we get the best diverse talent to join our team. Minorities,
women, individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
for employment opportunities.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton "careers" website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * Are you licensure eligible as a PT/PTA?
- * Are you at State Universities Retirement System (SURS)
annuitant, currently receiving a monthly annuity, or plan to apply
for a retirement annuity under SURS within the next three (3)
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Specialized Certifications
- Evaluations (for Faculty)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)