The Arizona School of Health Sciences at A.T. Still University
(ATSU-ASHS) invites applications for a full-time Associate/Full
Professor and Director of Research for the accredited masters
(MSOT) and doctoral (OTD) graduate programs in the Department of
Occupational Therapy. The Director of Research reports directly to
the Chair and Program Director of the Department. The two
entry-level graduate programs are residential on the Mesa, Arizona
campus. Appointment will be for 12 months with rank and salary
commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
The Director of Research should have a strong record of excellence
in higher education with a demonstrated record of scholarly
activity, peer-reviewed research, and grant writing. The candidate
should be enthusiastic about joining a long-standing department
with recent 10-year re-accreditation of both graduate programs with
talented and collegial faculty. The candidate should value
interprofessional practice and education and support the mission of
the university for whole person healthcare dedicated to providing
an education to meet the needs of a diverse student body and
This position is anticipated to begin on July 1, 2023.
Associate/Full Professor Component:
Director of Research Component:
- Teach, design, and manage assigned components of the
entry-level MS and OTD curriculum.
- Advise and mentor students for research and capstone
- Facilitate development of experiential/community-based
components of the entry-level residential OT curriculum with
- Teach in areas of content expertise and develop an active
scholarship/research agenda to provide research opportunities for
- Participate in departmental, institutional and/or other
professional service activities that support the mission of the
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Ensure scholarly rigor of OT department research agenda,
doctoral capstone projects, and MSOT EBP research projects.
- Responsible for managing and instructing the research
components for the Doctoral Inquiry course series.
- Provide instruction for components of the MSOT evidence based
- Work with the Doctoral Capstone Coordinator regarding capstone
projects that have a research focus.
- Provide mentorship for OTD students who are engaging in
research-based capstone projects.
Assist Chair with development of OT Department research
- Provide mentorship for faculty regarding research design, data
collection, analysis, interpretation of findings, and dissemination
of research project outcomes.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for faculty to go through the
promotion and tenure process.
- Assist Program Director with ACOTE documentation for standards
related to scholarly work in Part B.
- Report to Chair and Program Director.
- Academic doctoral degree required from an accredited
institution (PhD preferred).
- Previous experience as a full-time faculty with teaching
responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level required.
- Established record of scholarship, teaching, and student
- Licensed/eligible for Arizona OT licensure.
- Eligible for Associate or Full Professor rank upon hire.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in occupational therapy that
must include at least 5 years of experience in an academic
- Teaching experience in any of the following areas: behavioral
health; pediatrics; research methods; evidence-based practice;
neuroscience and/or pathophysiology; and/or administration and
- Preferred clinical experience in settings with pediatrics
and/or mental health practice.
- Interested persons should apply online and submit a letter of
interest and curriculum vitae.
Please contact Rebecca Wolf, JD, MPH, OTR/L, Department of
Occupational Therapy Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits