The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix is recruiting for two Director of Operations, who are the day-to-day operational leaders for the departments that they serve in a growing and vibrant College. As a Director of Operations, you will play a critical role in financial, post award research, operational and strategic management and will have the opportunity to develop/implement processes, maximizing efficiency/resources, and manage mission growth. Our two Director of Operations' portfolios either focus on supporting our Undergraduate Medical Education Programs or active research and clinical units. These positions require attention to detail, strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, discretion, and effective time management skills.
This individual will work closely with the Finance team, Human Resources, Information Technology, Campus Management & Operations, Marketing and Communications, Faculty Affairs, and other Departments on campus as well as the main Tucson Campus. As a member of the executive and leadership team, this position will be a crucial team member providing operational and administrative management to faculty and staff in our highly-matrixed organization.
This role will have the opportunity to work remotely, up to 3 days a week, depending on the needs of the unit.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under Faculty Leadership direction, develops long and short-range goals and business plans to strategically align department with overall vision of the College.
- Budgeting and financial management of all funding sources (state, grants, designated, gifts/Foundation all academic funding types).
- Typically responsible for a budget (including grants and contracts) of $10-30M.
- Identifies and implements methods to continually improve the quality and efficiency of the operations.
- Develops, maintains and implements policies and procedures.
- Manages and oversees their department's space needs within the university, UAHS and college guidelines.
- Facilitates recruitment, onboarding, retention, off-boarding processes for faculty and staff with key central Campus offices on behalf of Department/Unit Leaders to enable successful employee experience and retention.
- Manage time approval process for the Department/Unit faculty and staff to ensure compliance with university and FLSA policies.
- Facilitate the faculty onboarding and ongoing education process to understand the available resources for research at a university, campus and College level.
- Coordinate with UAHS central offices to assist with pre-award activities.
- Manage post award operations and financial activity for faculty research success.
- Coordinate with clinical and educational partners to facilitate contracting of educational services within Department/Unit.
- Identifies issues and resolves problems which may impact the department, and directs measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Maintains relationships with senior leadership to enable the most effective planning and implementation of operational, administrative, and financial policies and procedures.
- Partners with clinical practice leadership to support goals.
- Acts as liaison with faculty, advisors, administrators and staff from the college and external agencies.
- Additional duties as assigned responsibilities here