A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Health Sciences
(ATSU-ASHS) invites applications for a non-exempt Medical Billing
Specialist and Administrative Office Support at the AFA Balance
& Hearing Institute in Mesa, Arizona. This staff member will
interact closely with other audiology clinic providers and ATSU
faculty, as well as the Chair of the Department of Audiology and
Speech-Language Pathology. Information and reports regarding the
clinic will flow to the Department Chair.
- Provide basic administrative office management and medical
billing duties and oversight; accountability for ensuring the
integrity of patient data. Must show ability to work under pressure
and accept direction and supervision in a multi-tasking
environment. Must be able to work independently and as a team
member. Must handle compliance with policies and procedures and
exhibit a high level of customer service and be proficient with
computer technology. Prior experience in an audiology clinic is
- Participates in clinic staff meetings.
- Enters information into receivables and/or payable
- Prepares reports, as assigned--track schedules, sales revenues
and balance accounts daily, weekly, monthly.
- Prepares marketing material or participates in marketing
efforts, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA Regulations and FERPA
- Ability to work with Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic hearing aid and
assistive technology in order to provide demonstrations and
- Medical/Healthcare billing/coding and office management or
clerical experience (preferably in a healthcare or audiology
- Proficient computer skills and ability to input and track
schedules, patient documents, and billing.
- Working with patient insurance benefit
- Effective communication skills (i.e. verbal, written,
- Must be flexible and organized, able to change assignments with
- Must work well independently and in a group environment.
- Must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must deal with patients in a caring and respectful manner.