Dean College is a private, residential New England college
grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the
opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations. A
personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly
inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized
support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and
experiential learning. Our graduates are lifelong learners who
thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and
Recognized as a Top Regional College by U.S. News &
World Report for eleven consecutive years and named a College of
Distinction for five consecutive years, Dean serves approximately
1,200 full-time students and 400 part-time students and offers more
than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and
specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing
studies, EMT and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin,
Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and
Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter
rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk
from campus. Approximately 87 percent of the College's student
population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives
on hands-on engagement and exceptional teaching. This
community-wide commitment of always going the extra mile for
students is known as The Dean Difference.
Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams
and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are
employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of
graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs
and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell
Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the
Boston Ballet, and more.
What is The Dean Difference?
The Dean Difference isn't any one thing. It's not a program or a
professor. It's not a single class or a club. It's the way our
academics support networks and community overlap, interweave and
magnify each other. Our difference unites us. It's our secret
formula. It's the nucleus around which we orbit. It isn't one
thing, it's everything
The Resident Director is responsible for facilitating a living
and learning environment that is conducive to the personal
development and academic achievement of all residents. This
position is also responsible for overseeing and facilitating a
calendar of community service opportunities. This is a full time
12-month, live-in position.
1. Assist with developing community services opportunities
within the town of Franklin.
2. Advise and work with the Dean Community Outreach. This includes
assisting with recruitment of student organization members and
assisting them with developing service projects.
3. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and cultural competence
with the ability to work with and support diverse groups of
4. Serve as a primary contact for the assigned residence hall
building, addressing, and documenting behavioral issues with
students as needed, as well as communicating student concerns to
5. Communicate regularly with residents through individual
interaction and community meetings, making appropriate referrals to
other resources as needed.
6. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and cultural competence
with the ability to work with and support diverse groups of
7. Assist students in understanding and adhering to College's rules
and regulations in the Housing Agreement and Student Code of
Conduct through educational meetings and conversations.
8. Organize and coordinate social programs with the students
following the Residence Life programming model.
9. Supervise Community Advisor Staff living in assigned residence
10. Attend all meetings, trainings and professional development
sessions scheduled by the Director of Residence Life.
11. Manages all operational aspects of the assigned hall, including
opening and closing, occupancy management, maintenance, health and
safety inspections, and damage billing.
12. Participate in Community Advisor hiring, training and
13. Other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Training, Experience
1. Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
2. Previous experience in residence life is preferred.
3. Knowledge of issues pertaining to college life.
4. Commitment and ability to create and maintain a diverse,
5. Excellent problem-solving, organizational, intervention and
crisis management skills.
6. Experience working with computers preferred.
7. Valid driver's license.
8. Covid vaccination and booster shot required.
1. Unfurnished apartment and meal plan (when Dining Center is
2. College will pay for apartment utilities, including, cable,
heating, water, electrical & local telephone service.
3. Resident Directors are afforded use of all College facilities
4. Competitive salary and benefits package.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and
pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing
equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons,
including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation,
promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and
graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the
communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their
effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty,
and community members. All employment decisions are made on a
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or
ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic
information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and
access to and treatment in College programs, services, and
activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial
transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE
NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives
you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and
any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying
through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College
Careers Account to check your completed application or upload