Best Consideration Date
Apply Immediately; this job posting will be closed once
sufficient qualified applications have been received.
PCC IT Client Services is looking for an Application Analyst that
will provide district-wide technology analysis, Windows scripting,
application coding, endpoint (PC Mac) imaging support, and software
deployment. This is a critical new position within Client Services
and will be responsible for district-wide management of software
configuration scripts, application code and vendor systems for
maintenance and support of our large and complex endpoint
As the Application Analyst, you will:
- Collaborate with IT management and support multiple IT campus
teams to enable automation of software distribution.
- Participate in technical working groups (Kace Delegated Admins,
Jamf Delegated Admins, Workstation Control Board, etc.).
- Develop standard ad hoc reports from Kace or other platforms IT
management that may include advanced data extraction and
- Handle advanced Kace K1000/K2000 tasks, including maintaining
existing computer images and determining how to further leverage
the platforms to better optimize technical support
- Implement new endpoint technology solutions including Virtual
Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Work with other IT divisions to help troubleshoot and maintain
IT Client Services tools/servers (Kace, Jamf, Ghost, DeepFreeze,
LanSchool) and facilitate compliance with InfoSec requirements for
- May lead or participate in technical analysis and requirements
gathering, test plan development and implementation procedures for
any district technology project.
- Assist with the continued adoption of better management
practices for instructional and administrative computers
This is a high-level position that will require teamwork,
collaboration and leadership skills to succeed. If this rewarding
opportunity sounds right for you, apply today!
This position will be working out of our Sylvania Campus.
See the classification description for additional information:
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for
success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on
the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Advanced experience supporting PCs and Macs in an academic
- Demonstrated skill in time management
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, as well as to seek
direction from the manager when priorities may be difficult to
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, with
the ability to effectively understand diverse customer requirements
by engaging in active listening
- Experience writing technical documentation and procedural
materials for multiple audiences
- Advanced experience using and maintaining enterprise computer
deployment system configuration tools for endpoint
- Experience responding to and escalating technical
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills, including issues
related to operating systems, vendor applications, computer
hardware, network, and programming components
- Experience working successfully on large scale projects
including project task work and technical coordination
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum
qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and
end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related
discipline (relevant experience may substitute for the degree
requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Three years of leadership experience in managing enterprise
applications in a large information technology organization.
- Advanced experience with deployment and management of Windows
and Mac OS devices
- Advanced experience with computer configuration scripting
- Powershell, Bash/Zsh, batch scripts, and other coding
- Experience working with Windows Server environments (RDP,
Roles, IP/DNS, Log Analysis, troubleshooting)
- Significant experience with creating scripts and software
install packages using the following endpoint management systems
- KACE Systems Management Appliance
- KACE Systems Deployment Appliance
- Ghost Solution Suite
- Jamf Apple Device Management
- Experience with computer policy management within Microsoft
Active Directory, Microsoft InTune and Microsoft
- Experience with Virtual Desktop technologies (Microsoft WVD,
VMWare, Citrix, AWS, etc.)
- Significant experience with maintaining Microsoft Windows
desktop imaging and deployment tools (Kace, Ghost, MDT)
- Experience with report writing (Excel pivot tables, SQL, CSV,
Starting Salary Expectations
The first two steps of the range are: $64,695 to $66,633 per
year. Higher salary placement may be available based on
qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range
$64695 to $103812 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide
employees and their families, including domestic partners, with
access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health,
Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability,
Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement
System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into
the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC
offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation
program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic
partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial
tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions
(full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional
vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment with all work done
via computer input/output devices.
- There may be interruptions and distractions, plus the need to
shift attention to handle unexpected events (e.g., system
- Minimal physical exertion required.
- Ability to work non-standard schedules occasionally (e.g,
during system upgrades), and to be available off-hours to handle
emergency system issues that arise.
Background Check Required
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans'
Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying
veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment.
You will be given instructions during the application process
to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position,
and to provide the documents required for verification of
eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring
manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit
the following documentation:
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any
other protected class.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department