- Georgian Court University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 23, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- This full time position, working with faculty and laboratory
personnel, will prepare and maintain the science laboratories for
instruction (undergraduate chemistry and biochemistry classes). The
Laboratory Coordinator will also assist faculty and undergraduate
students with research activities as part of scholastic and
professional endeavors. Reports to Academic Department Chair.
- Equipment set-up and preparation of solutions/materials for laboratory classes.
- Clear laboratory work space as needed and properly store recovered chemicals.
- Maintain chemistry and biochemistry laboratory supplies, equipment and instrumentation.
- Arrange for repair of instruments by outside vendors as needed.
- Order supplies and chemicals and maintain inventory as necessary.
- Supervise and train student workers.
- Working with the Chemical Hygiene Officer, prepare documents regarding laboratory maintenance and safety.
- Arrange for workshops presented in department.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent experience chemistry-related field.
- Excellent organizational, laboratory and interpersonal skills.
- Two years of laboratory work experience preferred.
- Proficiency with typical office, scientific application and inventory control software.
- Availability to work some evening hours.
**Must be US work authorized**
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert