Enrollment Services Assistant*
Internal Position Title
Enrollment Services Assistant*
Adult Education Testing
College of Lake County is seeking a Part-Time Enrollment Services
Assistant*, under the supervision of the Operations and Compliance
Manager, conducts intake, testing, new student orientation,
registration and placement of students in appropriate Adult
Education classes. In addition, the Enrollment Services Assistant
enters information into the adult education data systems computer,
provides reports as requested, and other duties as assigned.
CLC is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern
Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution
providing life-changing paths for our students by offering
exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized
for student success, business and community partnerships and for
the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and
Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are
eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System (
1. Associate Degree or higher
2. Experience with diverse populations.
3. Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Spanish.
4. Proficient in computer software programs for data entry and
5. Valid driver’s license.
1. Experience working with limited English proficient adults.
2. Speaking skills in other foreign languages.
3. Good organizational, communication and customer service
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This is a grant funded position; continued employment in this
position is based on external funding sources.
Open until filled
$15.17 per hour
Total Hours per week
3:30pm – 9:30pm
Monday – Thursday
Some Saturdays are required as assigned.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations (27%)
1) Works with the business
and admissions offices to correct changes and/or holds.
2) Scans the test forms for upload into the Basic Skill test
instrument database (e.g., TopsPro).
3) Checks the database if all test scores for the students were
read by the scanner and transferred to the test to the test
4) Manges the laptop and hotspot checkout process including keeping
track of equipment inventory.
5) Enters application, enrollment, and test results data into the
DAISI and PeopleSoft database.
6) Prepares and compiles test forms and booklets for post-testing
in the classroom and at the community sites.
7) Conducts New Student Orientations and works with advisors to
facilitate student enrollment.
8) Works outreach and recruitment events as needed.
9) Calls students to help them enroll and support program overall
10) Organizes and maintains all testing materials and files.
11) Schedules students for test sessions in STARS .
12) Organizes and maintains all records of requests for assistance
during the intake process.
13) Provides Instructors with requested reports(e.g. test
14) Assists the Lake County Job Center on testing their
15) Directs students to the appropriate department for
16) Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Service (70%)
1) Provides daily intake and
testing services by responding to student inquiries on the phone,
in-person, via email, and virtual web conferencing.
2) Assists students in completing applications and other enrollment
and testing forms.
3) Proctors the pre and post tests adhering to the policies and
procedures of the state ICCB and Basic Skills test instrument
(e.g., CASAS, TABE ).
4) Collaborates with the advisors for the proper course and NRS
placement of students.
5) Assists students in registering for classes during priority and
6) Provides One Stop services at the Enrollment Services Center and
community sites as assigned by the Operations and Compliance
7) Communicates and facilitates the understanding of the college’s
testing and registration process for Adult Education classes.
8) Provides all enrollment services via web conferencing
9) Assists with recruitment efforts during registration.
10) Assists students with holds.
11) Provides technology support to students and instructors in
12) Assists students with CLC log-in credentials.
13) Assists students with CLC password resets.
14) Assists students with Canvas.
15) Assists instructors with student questions.
16) Provides assistance to students with web-conferencing
17) Provides assistance to students seeking services outside of the
College(e.g legal services).
18) Provides laptop and hotspot assistance to students and
19) Performs other duties as assigned.
Project Leadership (1%)
1) Update point of service
2) Develop and maintain laptop/hotspot checkout process.
1) Develop new literature for enrollment
2) Travel to community sites at least 20%
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- * Are you proficient in speaking, reading and writing Spanish?
- * Do you have experience working with diverse populations?
- * Do you have experience working with limited English
- * Do you have speaking skills in other foreign languages?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1