In a clinical setting, independently, consistently and accurately
portrays specific emotions, behaviors and disease symptoms while
interacting with students in the health care fields during
simulated patient encounters designed to enable experiential
learning and/or assessment of students' skills. Assesses student
behaviors using standardized measurement tools, and participates in
group training and/or mentorship of entry-level standardized
patients. Requires appropriate SP attire and non-invasive physical
examination(s) performed by trainees of all levels. Works varied
hours on an on-call basis, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To portray a patient in an accurate and standardized way.
- To both observe and accurately document student performance on
- To communicate with students in a straightforward and positive
- Be flexible and have the ability to adapt to quick changes and
work in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well with students,
staff, and SP colleagues.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the students.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the training and assessment
materials you receive.
- Agree to wear the appropriate SP attire and be physically
- Agree to be audio and video recorded for educational and
- Agree to have any sessions, activities, and videos viewed and
reviewed by staff, fellow SPs, and others.
- Represent department and the University favorably and in
accordance with established Core Values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals
and objectives of the organization.
- Other administrative tasks (i.e., filing, copying, preparing
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to accurately and convincingly maintain a specified
character as trained.
- Ability to work flexible hours on a scheduled on-call
- Ability to recall case information, as cued by students in a
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of case and student
- Ability to understand and follow directions and incorporate
- Ability to recall and accurately score student behaviors.
- Demonstrate basic to intermediate computer skills and
- Access to a laptop or computer with a webcam and good internet
connectivity for remote telemedicine encounters if scheduled
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!