A full-time, tenure track position at the Assistant or Associate (pre-tenure) Professor level is available in Finance. Primary teaching responsibilities could include Business Finance, Cases in Financial Management, and related courses at the undergraduate and MBA level with other teaching responsibilities as needed. The starting date is September 2023.
- Ph.D. or ABD equivalent at time of application in Finance. If ABD, all degree requirements must be completed by June 15th of the first year of employment (e.g., for a September 2023 start date, all degree requirements must be completed by June 15, 2024).
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching or the demonstration of teaching promise
- Ability to teach core undergraduate courses in Finance
- Scholarship records commensurate with the number of years since completion of the Ph.D. or its equivalent and promise to engage in and produce high quality research.
- For appointment at the Associate Professor level, demonstrated significant research and evidence of successful teaching commensurate with standards for promotion to associate professor in the department, college and university.
- Ability to teach in multiple areas, such as corporate finance, investments, and financial institutions.
- Potential to expand student interest and engagement in the finance major
- Ability and willingness to engage in both intra- and inter-disciplinary collaborations
- Service record commensurate with the number of years since completion of the Ph.D
- Ability to work with and teach to an increasingly diverse student population and a desire to advance accessibility, equity, inclusion, and diversity in the College