Technical Assistant - (STA010624)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 19, 2022
This is a 50% FTE position with the primary responsiblity of providing family support services for about 40 families with children who have disabilities. Applicant must be parent or close family member of a child/young adult with a disability.
- Provide Families CAN support services to families of children
- Provide support and consultation to individual families re
resources and services for children with disabilities and their
families. When indicated advocate for families re services for
their child(ren). Actively search out resources to support client
- Maintain up to date records on families served, training and
other activities delivered.
- Participate in bi -monthly staff meetings, quarterly Families
CAN Advisory Committee meetings and Transition Workshop
- Provide outreach services and presentations.
- Where applicable, represent Families CAN at meetings and on
committees related to concerns of children with disabilities.
- Participate in all individual Supervision Sessions.
- Participate in all Families CAN meetings and those departmental
meetings as required.
- Complete 15 hours of Continuing Education per year.
- Be available for evening and weekend work as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum of High School diploma; quality demonstrated communication skills; recordkeeping skills; currently has an automobile to use with Texas driver's license and current personal auto insurance. (Note: Mileage expenses will be reimbursed at current state level rates).
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) years of employment.
- Experience with supporting families of children with disabilities either as a paid or volunteer employee.
- Typing experience and skill enough to do basic word processing and excel on computer
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Notes to Applicant: This is a grant funded position. This position is contingent upon continued funding after August 31, 2023.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert