A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for a part-time (16
hours per week) chairside Dental Assistant to work at the Mesa
Advanced Care Clinic. The dental assistant will assist residents
and faculty in four-handed dentistry for general restorative
procedures as well as specialty areas including: Oral Surgery,
Removable/Fixed Prosthodontics, endodontic and TMJ procedures.
Knowledge and ability to enforce all OSHA/HIPAA rules and
regulations is required.
- To be the main support in clinic to assigned resident while
adapting to schedule changes on the clinic floor.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized working
- Self-starter, taking blood pressure measurements, documenting
in Axium software.
- Periodontal charting.
- Ability to help keep patients comfortable during treatment in a
- Verification that consent forms and treatment plans are signed
by the patient prior to treatment.
- Teamwork and professionalism are a large part of this
- Scanning and making copies of patient documents.
- Stocking, maintenance of dental units, communication of any
equipment that needs maintenance.
- Attendance of meetings off-site.
- Cleaning of the dental lab and helping organize endodontic
- Other duties as assigned.
- DANB RHS certification (If not currently certified by DANB,
certification must be obtained within the first 90 days of
- CPR certification.
- OSHA knowledge.
- Knowledge of instrument sterilization process.