Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant
campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the
communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2
institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000
students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level
degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town,
the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or
supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia
Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an
exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and
professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to
academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018
Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other
Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize
Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving
our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars,
leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the
This position coordinates youth camps, community programs, and
events on the Statesboro, Armstrong, and Liberty Campuses.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of
- Evaluate services to ensure quality and client
- Work with business services and other university partners to
ensure accurate and timely billing
- Complete and/or oversee the completion of all documents
(agreements, contracts, schedules, invoices, program evaluations,
information management systems, etc.) required by the division
- Coordinate internal and external youth camps, as well as
community programs and events
- Communicate the university's policies and procedures regarding
events on-campus to external clients and serve as liaison between
the client and various resources on-campus, such as Housing,
Dining/Catering, Parking, Security, Facilities, etc.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all university policies,
rules, and guidelines pertaining to event hosting and having
non-student minors on-campus.
- Collaborate with appropriate university staff on classrooms,
meeting facilities, recreational facilities, housing, dining, and
other university resources as needed for camps, programs, and
- Hire, train, and supervise Student Assistants.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise camp and program instructors
- Coordinate training and background checks as required for
- Assess camps, programs, and events to ensure optimum
functioning and alignment with the university and the division's
overall mission and strategic initiatives.
- Two (2) or more years of related work experience
$19.95 to $23.60
Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Please provide two (2) professional references in the Required
Documents to Attach section of your application
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment
through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications
software including word processing, spreadsheets, and
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse
- Ability to work effectively with organizations, program
participants, faculty, staff and subject matter experts
- Ability to learn and effectively use new software programs
Ability to work
well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to
equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet
Institutional goals and support University's mission for student
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational
and human relations skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
August 30, 2022
For more information or questions about a job posting, please
contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912)
478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at
(877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background
investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating
your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University,
as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole
discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history
reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a
satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a
pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and
state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this
institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents
(BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are
available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of
employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status,
political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of
reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources:
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek occasionally extends to evenings and weekends
- Work is fast-paced, ever-changing, and results-oriented
- Travel may be requiredThis is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial
- No, this position will not be required to drive.
- This role is not considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
Position of Trust and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to
excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's
academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to
recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support,
promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive
Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work
furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who
bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and
backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=247817&PostingSeq=1