Teaching Innovation and Learning Technologies
Job Posting Title
Administrative Specialist - TILT/Advanced Education Programs
An Administrative Specialist performs a variety of customer service
and administrative duties according to established procedures and
policies. This position will support the TILT staff and Assistant
Provost as well as serve the AEP department chair and faculty. This
position also interacts professionally with students, faculty,
staff, and other campus offices. Works collaboratively with
department staff to manage office duties and supports the
: High school diploma or GED
equivalency and one year of office experience or one year of
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Two or more years of office experience
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office as evidenced by
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to supervise others
- Attention to detail
- Experience at an institution of higher education
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written
- Supervisory experience
: Screening of complete applications
will begin immediately and will continue until the position is
: $15.06 per hour
: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Administer Workday processes for staff and student
- Manage human resource-related processes including hiring,
payroll, and expense reimbursement
- Manage KACE Course Development platform, including tracking
progress on existing course developments and adding new courses as
- Responsible to submit virtual college and campus course
approvals. Updates on-campus course schedules and classroom
reservations and on-line course schedules.
- Oversees book orders for course texts with the FHSU bookstore
and orders desk copies as needed for faculty and adjunct
- Drafts, proofreads and edits correspondence, spreadsheets and
other documents for the chair, including departmental
correspondence, recruitment materials.
- Responsible for the customer service operations of the office,
including walk-in visitors, phone and email communication.
Communicates daily with students, faculty, staff, and
administrators, sometimes regarding confidential issues. The
individual hired will screen and transfer calls as necessary and
direct inquiries to appropriate individuals and offices.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and scheduling of
meetings for the assistant provost/chair and oversees the
scheduling of the department conference/training rooms. Take
meeting minutes and manages follow up reminders/schedules related
to meeting action items.
- Organize and maintain digital and paper files and records,
while maintaining the security and confidentiality of all
- Coordinate and arrange travel and travel reimbursement for
department faculty and staff using Workday.
- Maintain the department budget by overseeing processes,
accounts, ordering, and purchasing.
- Maintain department’s website and social media sites.
- Schedule department visits for potential students.
- Interview, select, coordinate, schedule and supervises training
for student employees. Assigns daily tasks to student employees,
determining priorities and makes recommendations in order to
maintain departmental efficiency.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies and serve as point
of contact for service and maintenance requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the assistant provost/department
To apply for this position, please
Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be
Required Application Documents
: Applicants should submit a
cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three
professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Andrew
Feldstein or Sherry Crow.
Name: Andrew Feldstein
Phone: (785) 628-4788
Name: Sherry Crow
Phone: (785) 628-4323
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately
20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on
Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health
care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for
the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent
recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive
Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill
Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking,
running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large
lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and
camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to
Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to
excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60
restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and
very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming,
low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who
call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination
– Fort Hays State University is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability
or veteran status.
Final candidate will have consented to and
successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and
your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please
contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
further information on how this might affect you.