Manager V - Senior Director (Dean) of Grants & Resource
Administrative (Exempt, Grant-Funded)
Salary (Applicant View)
Compensation: The annual salary range upon entry for the position
is $119,872 to $203,289.
Total compensation includes a health insurance plan.
New employees hired on or after January 1, 2014, contribute 2% of
salary to the San Francisco Retiree Health Care Trust Fund
Retirement Classification: San Francisco Employee Retirement System
November 1, 2022
Administrative – Dean
Full Time/Part Time
Under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of
Institutional Advancement and Effectiveness, the Senior Director
(Dean) of Grants and Resource Development will build capacity for
the College by applying for competitive funding and soliciting
donations to expand and improve workforce training, economic
development, equipment and facilities, educational programming,
student services, and other areas targeted through planning
exercises and documents. The Senior Director (Dean) works with
administrators, faculty, staff, and students to identify specific
areas of need and to locate sources of funding to meet those needs.
The Senior Director (Dean) supervises a staff that supports all
aspects of grant development/fundraising, implementation, and
1. Identify, explore, and distribute notices of funding
opportunities to the College community.
2. Meet with administrators, department chairs, faculty, and staff
to determine interests and needs for external funding.
3. Engage in planning activities necessary for the development of
4. Write and/or supervise the writing of grant proposals.
5. Develop and/or supervise the creation of budgets for grant
6. Coordinate the preparation of the final grant proposal and
budget for submission to the funding agency in accordance with
agency and college guidelines.
7. Negotiate final terms of contract or grant with funding
8. Train administrators, faculty, and staff in proposal development
and grant implementation.
9. Assist, where appropriate, administrators, faculty, and staff to
institutionalize new programs, practices, and improvements created
by grant projects.
10. Provide support to Institutional Advancement and Effectiveness
operations at the College.
11. Serve as a liaison and provide support to the Foundation of
City College of San Francisco board.
12. Process donations received by the College.
13. Promote services of the Grants and Resource Development Office
to the College community.
14. Participate in local, regional, and state activities to promote
15. Maintain official depository of grants including submitted
proposals and board resolutions.
16. Supervise grants and resource development staff.
17. Supports an innovative culture of culturally responsive,
inclusive and anti-racist practices as it relates to student
success with an awareness of student equity gaps.
18. Participates in ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion
trainings to center pedagogy.
19. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with
community college students with disabilities, various sexual
orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and
ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Earned Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution
of higher education.
3. One year of formal training, internship, or leadership
experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative
4. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Grants &
Resource Development or a related field.
[If you would like to claim equivalency, the Administrative
Equivalency Application Form is available on the left side margin.
This form will be considered as part of the application materials
and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated
on this job posting.]
1. A minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in
grant-writing, development, or a related field.
2. Knowledge of state, federal, and foundation funding
3. Experience in all phases of grant development and
4. A minimum of two years experience in higher education
institutions, preferably at the community college level.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in verbally and in
6. Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
7. Experience in project management.
8. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and Internet
9. Knowledge of research techniques and methodologies to evaluate
10. Ability to provide leadership and direction to the grants and
11. Experience in teaching or training adults.
12. Ability to compile and verify data and prepare reports.
13. Demonstrated ability to train, supervise, and evaluate
14. Evidence of successful leadership experience at the university
or college level using culturally responsive, inclusive practices
that lead to equitable outcomes for all students and
15. Demonstrated experience, commitment, and knowledge of
inequities in higher education and rectifying policies and
processes that restrict access for minoritized students and
Choice of several health plans, plus $50,000 Group Life Insurance
and Dental Care Plan.
New employees hired on or after January 1, 2014 will contribute 2%
of salary to the San Francisco Retiree Health Care Trust Fund
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online
Application for Administrative Position at http://jobs.ccsf.edu
. To be considered a
candidate for this posting, the following materials must be
submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or
before 11:59 p.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of
required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to other
departments. Human Resources Department is not responsible for any
documents addressed and/or sent to other departments.
1. A letter of interest (maximum 4 pages) detailing your background
and experience related to the position (refer to the Duties and
Responsibilities and Employment Qualifications); AND, your
commitment to and experience within a diverse multi-cultural
organization with a highly diverse faculty, staff, and student
2. A current curriculum vitae or resume summarizing educational and
administrative background and experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Administrative
Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific
posting online. The statement "See Resume" is not acceptable.
4. A current list of five (5) references with names, addresses,
telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses that include: faculty,
classified and/or support staff, an administrator, supervisor, and
a colleague of managerial, supervisory ranking. (If you are among
the final candidates, references will be contacted. The District
may also contact other references not on your list, only if you are
among the final candidates.)
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed
on applicant's CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and
actual verification of work experience will be required at a later
date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be
considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be
evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree
Evaluation sources information is located on the left side
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest,
submit a concise response to relate several of your experiences or
your involvement in circumstances or environments which strongly
affected your understanding of and ability to function in a diverse
community comprised of students and colleagues from varying
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientations,
disabilities, and ethnic backgrounds.
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all
application materials are complete when submitted and are received
by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting
filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not
acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
All materials become the property of the City College of San
Francisco, and will not be returned. Application files for this
posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department
at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in
this hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department
at (415) 452-7660 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be
aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all
required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources
Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the
initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A
reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as
best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for
a personal interview with the Search Committee. An additional
interview will be offered to applicants who are advanced beyond the
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a
CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment
which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC
87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their
legal right to work in the United States.
As approved by the governing Board of the San Francisco Community
College District, beginning October 1, 2021, City College of San
Francisco requires that new and current employees, students, and
business partners participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All
parties entering CCSF facilities must demonstrate proof of covid
vaccination in compliance with current CDC and SFDPH guidelines.
New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole
discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time
without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide
all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities
regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group
identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status,
medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era
veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian,
gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District
program or activity. For further information, contact the Human
Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Kristin Charles, Associate Vice Chancellor of Institutional
Advancement & Effectiveness
1. Letter of Interest
3. List of References
5. Diversity Statement
1. Transcript(s) - additional
2. California Community College Credentials
3. Equivalency Application Form
4. Foreign Degree Evaluation
To Apply: https://jobs.ccsf.edu/postings/5426