Senior Applications Support Specialist (IT Department)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating
and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven
independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a
staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000
students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in
both student-facing services as well as administrative and
operational services. Our numerous departments are located
throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Information Technology department of The Claremont Colleges
seeks an experienced, knowledgeable, and
customer-oriented computer professional for the position of
Senior Applications Support Specialist
. This role works
within a collaborative team in The Claremont College IT (TCC IT)
for the purpose of providing support and analysis for the
integration of applications within The Claremont Colleges Services
The Senior Applications Support Specialist focuses on the
operational maintenance for all enterprise applications while
maintaining consistent communication with all stakeholders
involved. This role contributes to process improvement efforts by
gathering and analyzing data for both administrative and technical
purposes. The Senior Applications Support Specialist serves as an
escalation point for new or junior staff members. Specific duties
- Support and maintain all TCCS enterprise
- Troubleshoot system and software issues and coordinates patches
or upgrades as necessary.
- Evaluate existing enterprise application and services for
needed changes and improvements.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources to develop reports for
capacity planning, service inquiries, troubleshooting, and other
- Provide documentation regarding processes and procedures
related to project delivery, releases testing and ongoing
- Coordinate and assist the team in other functions, including
but not limited to, software troubleshooting, bug
reporting/mediation, new application, and technology research,
- Participate in a team environment to complete project timelines
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in a high-performance
team environment with a conscientiousness to the technical level of
- Lead diverse and cross-functional teams, including teams with
members from across The Claremont Colleges or on teams with members
from external organizations.
- Coordinate and interact with application vendors for service
and support needs in the TCC IT integrations of enterprise
: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a
condition of employment. New employees are required to present
evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days
of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption
is requested and granted.
: The monthly salary for this position is competitive and
commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required for the position.
We are delighted to offer a comprehensive
employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10%
retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits
for employees and their dependents, $50,000 group life insurance,
generous time off, LinkedIn Learning, discounts for mobile plans,
software, and entertainment, and access to fitness facilities and
classes. For more information about our full range of generous
benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/
Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or
You have an inquisitive mind, are resourceful, enjoy taking
initiative, demonstrate perseverance, and are motivated by new
challenges and opportunities for growth. You know how to maintain
composure in high-pressure situations and are able to express
yourself tactfully and with empathy. You have a conscientious
attitude and genuinely care about your work, your team, and your
customers. In addition, you:
Education and Experience
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Are familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Java,
PowerShell, and/or C/C++
- Are familiar using operating systems such as Microsoft Windows
- Are able to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive
information and data.
- Are able to balance multiple competing priorities in a
fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Have knowledge of various business processes.
- Are familiar with HIPAA and FERPA compliance
- Are able to gather and analyze data, such as system logs, for
troubleshooting and reporting.
- Are able to communicate in English to audiences with a wide
variety of technical aptitude and understanding.
: You have a bachelor's degree from
an accredited institution in a related field plus four (4) or more
years of experience in performing the essential function of this
position. Your experience must include the following:
- supporting and maintaining information systems in a
professional work environment;
- providing excellent customer service;
- working at an institution of higher education or an
organization of similar complexity;
- working with enterprise-level software related to human capital
management, student information systems, or financial
- leading projects, teams, or working groups to achieve
objectives and goals; and
- Mentoring or coaching peers in a professional
If you have experience with the following, we would especially like
to hear from you:
- Working in an institute of higher education.
- Working with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software
related to human capital management, student information systems,
and various financial systems.
- Leading projects, teams, or working groups to achieve
objectives and goals.
- Mentoring or coaching peers in a professional
This job description defines the essential job duties of this
position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees
hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this
job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or
safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal
functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont
Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes
of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make
employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have
the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including
religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender
identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry,
genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age,
sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy,
childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and
status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis
protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or
regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the
perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is
associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of
these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TCCS_Careers/job/Claremont/Senior-Applications-Support-Specialist--IT-Department-_REQ-4724