Wheaton is a leading private, coeducational, liberal arts college
of 1800 students located in Norton, MA and within easy commuting
distance of Boston and Providence.
Senior Assistant / Associate Director of Admission
Staff Work Schedule (hours/dates):
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Academic Year Schedule (dates):
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Wheaton College is seeking a full-time Senior Assistant or
Associate Director of Admission. Exact title and salary will be
commensurate with the level of experience of the successful
candidate. Reporting indirectly or directly to the Director of
Admission, the Senior Assistant or Associate Director of Admission
will oversee recruitment and outreach activities aimed at new
markets and target populations supporting Wheaton College’s planned
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of admissions
experience; must be able to work well with partners across the
institution while also being able to work independently; be a
creative and innovative thinker.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing a
dedicated recruitment plan for geographic areas such as the South
Atlantic and Mid-Atlantic. Maintaining responsibility for
geographic territories including oversight of inquiry and applicant
statistics and trends.
- Extensive travel necessary in order to cultivate relationships
with students, school counselors, community- based organizations,
faculty, staff and alumni.
- Interviews, conducts group information sessions, and travels to
represent the College at high schools, community colleges, college
fairs, and other appropriate programs (this includes some evening
and weekend work in person and virtually). Anticipated annual
travel is approximately 8-10 weeks per year.
- Review, manage, and evaluate applications from assigned
geographic territories, including follow up with prospective
students, applicants, guidance counselors and parents, as
necessary. This may require evening and weekend work.
- Develop and manage a school counselor advisory board in new
markets, engaging influencers, strengthening relationships, and
- Assumes other responsibilities and related projects as assigned
by the Director of Admission and/or Vice President of Enrollment
and Dean of Admission & Student Aid.
- Collaborate with the Senior Admissions Leadership Team on the
development of on-campus events, enrollment strategy, lead sourcing
and recruitment planning at all stages of the funnel.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admission to develop and
coordinate smart, creative, effective, and efficient travel
strategies, to grow in new markets.
- Collaborate with Associate Vice President for Enrollment and
Strategic Analyst forecasting models for new student growth as well
as special program enrollments.
- Directly mentor counseling team members and/or supervise and
lead strategic projects for the Office of Admissions.
- Project management for events such as student receptions,
school counselor, and alumni events.
- Regularly interface with campus departments and external
community groups and organizations to promote and support the
College’s overall recruitment efforts.
- Host and assist in the coordination of on-campus programs for
- Represent the College during on-campus events to provide
information about available offerings, including but not limited to
academic programs, resources, opportunities, facilities, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and make
recommendations for program changes and enhancements.
- Compile, assess and interpret student data, event outcomes,
recruitment trends, market area trends and regularly report
findings to senior leadership.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Individuals must possess these skills and abilities or be able
to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the
essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of skills and
- Professional Experience: 3-5 years
- High level of energy, personable nature, flexibility, and a
strong work ethic with a “whatever it takes” attitude ∙ Superior
public speaking, interpersonal, organizational, and written skills
as well as a commitment to selective, liberal arts education.
- Commitment to enrolling and retaining a diverse student body,
as well as a passion for global education.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently
and as part of a team; most travel for the college will be
coordinated and executed individually.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while
satisfying expectations and deadlines.
- Must be flexible, and highly motivated.
- Must possess a wonderful sense of humor.
- High level of technical skills; minimum skills to include
Microsoft Office. The office uses Slate as its CRM .
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or
be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform
the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of skills and
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within
commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have nearly
undergraduates from 40 U.S. States and more than 70 countries.
of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 11% are
citizens. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative
employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group
basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and
an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and
College actively encourages applications from women and members
Open Until Filled
Office of Human Resources
Special Instructions to Candidates:
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID -19 and as an integral
part of our public health and safety measures, Wheaton College
requires that all successful applicants hired provide proof of full
vaccination and one booster for COVID -19 at the time of
employment, unless an exemption from this policy is requested and
approved. Applicants believing that they need an accommodation of
this policy because of a disability, medical condition, or
sincerely-held religious belief should inform the Office of Human
Resources after an offer of employment is extended.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References