SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Vice President for Administrative Services. The Vice President is responsible for oversight of administration and operations in the administrative services functions of the college.
The Vice President for Administrative Services provides direct supervision to:
- Student Billing
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Buildings & Grounds
This position reports to the President and participates in the President’s Executive Council. It is classified as Management Confidential.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field with 5 years of progressively complex experience in government, business, industry, and/or education. Five years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity in one or more of the administrative units reporting to the position -- business/financial administration, human resources, facilities, information technology -- preferably in a college or university.
- Experience in collective bargaining. Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to work independently and as part of a management team. Ability to supervise staff, and to manage activities and projects. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Assessment
- Consults with the President and other staff members concerning the short and long-range goals of the College.
- Assists supervisors within each unit in the development of plans that drive decision-making within the units.
- In consultation with administrative services personnel, develops, reviews, and approves policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of the administrative service's activities.
- Chairs the non-academic Institutional Assessment Committee and establishes a mechanism for regular and on-going evaluation/program review of non-academic programs and audit of administrative services. Recommends improvements based on review findings and integrates the results into an annual report.
Administration and Operations
- Assists with the development and management of the College's annual budgets for and Provides assistance to the College's budget managers and component units (Foundation Board, SCCDC, FSA) regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures.
- Assists the Assistant Controller with providing costing data for revenue generating programs to assist divisions and departments in the development of new programs and the reporting for the outcomes of existing programs.
- Performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Develops the budget for the administrative services units and reviews and approves budget requests that provide for the attainment of goals in accordance with approved plans.
- Oversees the overall operations of unit(s) reporting to this position.
- Supervises, Finance, Purchasing, Student Billing, Financial Aid, Buildings and Grounds, and Information Technology and works with supervisors on Professional Development in their area.
- Participates in campus master facilities planning.
- Participates in the collective bargaining process as a member of the College’s negotiating team by assisting in the preparation of negotiation proposals, providing information and support to the chief labor negotiator and representing the College, as required, at labor management meetings.
- Manages and oversees college wide contracts with outside vendors.
- At the direction of the president and when appropriate, consult with the College’s attorneys and other resource people and assist in drafting documents of a legal nature such as contracts.
- Represents the President at meetings, conferences and other events as designated.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by the President.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage, Participation in the NYS retirement system, Supplemental retirement annuities, 24 Vacation days annually 18 Sick days annually 6 Personal days annually College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary, College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage, Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances, Tuition reimbursement, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan - flexible spending for medical and dependent care, Access to credit unions, Access to onsite Daycare, Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House, Community Garden on campus, And more!
*COVID-19 Vaccination is required*
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. The hiring range for this position is $102,000- $110,000 per year. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.